June 18, 2019
The YMCA Seton played host to Swim AB Provincials last weekend. This competition was the last chance to qualify for the AB Champs that take place next month in Edmonton. Swimmers could win an event at the Provincials or make two Championship time standards to qualify for Edmonton.
Killarney was represented by 28 swimmers. The team finished second overall with 10 Gold Medals and 24 total medals. Killarney swimmers set 121 personal best times and broke one Club Record. Six new swimmers qualified for the Champs.
Kyra Colbourne, Matea Gigovic, Brandon Hachey, Nathan Lew, Grace Turner, Sam Wise each qualified for the Championships.
“We had a great swim meet! We had 3 more make one championship time standard but fell short on the second standard. Matea Gigovic broke Kate MacLean’s 10 & Under 50 Fly Club Record.”
- Kenzie Balkwill – 3rd 50 BR
- Natalia Berezowsky – 2nd 50 BR
- Kyra Colbourne – 1st 100 FR, 1st 800 FR, 1st 400 FR, 1st 200 FR
- Matea Gigovic – 2nd 50 Fly
- Brandon Hachey – 1st 400 IM, 2nd 200 IM
- Nathan Lew – 1st 50 FR, 3rd 50 FL
- Alicia Parker – 3rd 400 FR
- Liam Ruzicka – 3rd 100 BR
- Grace Turner – 1st 200 IM 1st 50 FR, 2nd 400 FR, 3rd 200 FR
- Sam Wise – 1st 50 BR, 2nd 100 BR, 3rd 50 FR