June 25, 2019
Great job this past weekend at the Summer Solstice.
We hope everyone was able to recover a little from the long weekend.
This was a difficult meet and our swimmers handled themselves well; our athletes are coming off their first week of summer training, many swimmers increased their workload going into the meet and raced tired, on top of that the weather wasn’t cooperating with our younger swimmers in the morning sessions. Racing cold and tired is hard, but excellent practice. A lot of teams that don’t swim outdoors in the summer don’t have the benefit of experiencing the inconsistencies of mother nature and find themselves at a disadvantage when their swimmers attend an outdoor meet and the weather isn’t ideal. Nevertheless, this was a good weekend for racing experience, performance and team bonding. Great Job Team!
Next Meet, Moses Lake (Last Chance)
Our next meet is the MRA Sizzlin Summer Open in Moses Lake July 12-14. This is the last chance for swimmers to qualify for or better their seed times for the IES Champs July, 26-28. Coaches will be sending in Moses Lake Entries EARLY to secure our spot in the meet before it fills up.
Centerplate WWE Summer Slam
Thank you volunteers who worked the WWE Summer Slam at the arena this Saturday. With only six workers SWAT sold over $4,000 in concessions! More events coming soon.
Parent Meeting this Thursday
Our annual parent meeting is this Thursday at the @ Robinson Teaching Theater in Weyhauser Hall (Whitworth Campus) from 7:30-8:30pm. Some of the discussion items are listed below.
Policy Improvements, Service Hours, and Fundraising will be discussed
- · Service Hours Increase from 4 Hours a year to 20 hours year per family. Plus opportunity to earn credits back to your account.
- F amilies with at least one parent representative at the Parent Meeting will receive two Service Hours.
- · Dues increase $5 per training group
- · MAAP (Minor Athlete Protection Policies)
- · Board Elections
Registration for 2019-2020 will open for returning members.
· Annual Family Admin Fee is going up to $150 per family for the year.
· Returning Members who register before July 12 will receive a $50 discount in their Annual Family Registration fee ($100) to be paid on registration.
· Annual Family Admin Fee Covers : USA Registration for Coaches, Officials, Board Members, Chaperones; Coaches and Officials Outfitting, Team Relay Fees
· Families, please be prepared for the Annual $100 Family Admin Fee in June/July when you register your swimmer(s). USA Registration Fees per swimmer will be billed in October.