June 27, 2019
NTC Aquatics Team Update
Thursday, June 27, 2019
Tomorrow Night- Relay Carnival at NTC
OPEN TO ALL NTC SWIMMERS! All Groups encouraged to attend!
- Check In 5:45pm, Warm Up 6:00pm, Event Start 6:30pm. Final Relay will begin at 7:30pm.
- Fee: $10 swimmer surcharge
- Please bring your kickboards!
- All NTC swimmers are welcome to attend this night of our Summer Swim Series.
- The entire evening will be fun relay events- NTC vs Southwest
Stars. Among the possible relay events to be selected out of the
hat by the coaches include;
- 8x25 Medley Relay- each swimmer completes one length of the 200 Medley Relay
- Kickboard Relay- each swimmer kicks 25 yards and passes the kickboard as a baton.
- Cumulative Kickboard Relay- each swimmer has their own kick board and will pile it on top of the previous swimmer’s board for their 25 yard leg.
- Tic-Tac-Toe Relay- swimmers will race to far end and will use colored kickboards as 'X' and 'O' pieces to win a game of tic-tac-toe vs another squad.
- T-Shirt Relay- Swimmers will have to wear a team t-shirt during the relay which will be taken off one kid and put on the next after each length.
- 4x50 Every Age Group Relay- Freestyle and Medley versions where relay must include one 8&Under, one 9-10, one 11-12, and one 13&Over swimmer.
- Grand Finale- NTC vs STAR Cat and Mouse Relay- Teams will start at opposite ends and all team members present will race a 25 freestyle. The relay will continue until one team catches the other and beats them to the next wall.
Upcoming Practice Schedule Changes-
Saturday, June 29th-
- Senior 1 & Senior 2 practice will run 7:00am-9:00am
Week of July 4th-
- Normal practices Monday, July 1-Wednesday, July 3
- Thursday, July 4th- no practices. Happy Independence Day!
- Friday, July 5th- Only Senior 1 & Senior 2 AM practice 5:45am.
- Saturday, July 6th- Normal Senior 1 and Senior 2 practices.
End of Long Course Season/Beginning of Short Course Season
- We will take a two week break in August for all groups.
- No practices Monday, August 5-Sunday August, 18
- Info on 2019-2020 short course season squad assignments and a few small changes to the school year practice schedule will come next month.
- Reminder! The number one criteria coaches will use when considering potential move ups is practice attendance!
- All meet information including Timelines, Heat Sheets, Warm Up Schedule and Visitor Info is available here. Swimmers should see Coach Gibb for any necessary additional details
Night 5 of West Orange Trail Developmental Swim Series-
The final date of our summer swim series is being moved to Saturday, July 13th at STARS. We are exploring the possibility of sanctioning this event. More details including time of event to come.