June 30, 2019
- CONFERENCE SIGN UP DEADLINE IS THIS FRIDAY, July 5th! Please double check your commitment because we've had a few glitches with our meet signups lately.
- Unlike dual meets, signing up for Conference does not guarantee that your Gator will be selected to swim in Conference. Signing up tells us that your Gator is available and would like to be in the meet.
- Per conference rules, we are allowed to bring three Gators for each event to the A Conference Meet, and five Gators for each event to the B Conference Meet. To be eligibile, your Gator must be in three regular season meets (the Lemont B Meet rainout counts for those who were on that heat sheet).
- In the past three years, all B Team Gators who signed up for B Conference were in the meet. I'm pretty sure this will happen again this year - but will depend on how many Gators sign up.
- The A Team Conference meet is more competitive. Typically, only 50% of A Team Gators are chosen to participate. The coaches evaluate best times and practice performance to create the meet rosters.
- The rosters for Conference will be emailed to the team one week prior to each meet.
- Before arriving a meet, please review the emailed entry list and/or heat sheet - and make sure your Gator knows the events they are swimming. If possible, please write their events on their arms with a sharpie so they feel prepared and do not forget. Unfortunately, the coaches do not have time to do this for your children before meets - we are just spread too thin!
- Record numbers of Gators are signed up for the rest of the dual meets. If you need to cancel, please email ASAP. Last minute cancellations and no shows are stressful for the kids, volunteers and coaches because we have to reshuffle our meet lineup.
- July 4th Parade - Unfortunately, we are not walking in the parade this year because the Park District is leading the parade as Grand Marshalls (they have a special float this year instead of the "Gator truck").
- No practice on July 4th. Practices this week are on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Stroke clinic and Junior Gators are on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (not Friday).
EVENTS THIS WEEK
Wednesday, July 3rd - - GATOR SWAP between morning practices.
- Our swap inventory is growing and there is still time to donate. Tomorrow and Tuesday bring Gator sweatshirts, T-shirts, pajama pants, etc. that your Gators no longer wear. Gators will get one credit per item, and can use that towards a donated item.
- The 11 and up group can "shop" after practice at 8am, and the 9&10 and 7&8 groups can "shop" together between the practices at 9am. If you don't have any gear to donate but you want to "shop," you can bring $3 per item. The money collected will go toward a special Gator project in the works -- stay tuned for details! Any questions about the swap? Contact Gator committee members Emily Lobdell, firstname.lastname@example.org or Danielle Bollman,
Last but not least, Gator Pride award winners this week are pictured below - CONGRATS to these outstanding kids!
Have a wonderful and safe July 4th!