July 2, 2019
BFY Sharks Family,
You probably have heard that our indoor pool is down due to a combination of things. We apologize for the inconvenience. And, we appreciate everyone working together to make the best of a difficult situation.
There is good news.
Part 1: The Current Status
- We will move practices to the OUTDOOR POOL for the remainder of our Summer Season. We are fortunate to have 2 pools. So, we'll take advantage of this good fortune and swim outside for every practice.
- All practice times have changed to 7:15 PM to 8:45 PM
- Practice days are Monday through Thursday
- There will be NO FRIDAY practice. This will be a non-issue since we have had very few swimmers take advantage of our Friday practice opportunities.
- We will NOT host our Dual Meet on July 11. We are working with RESY to see if they can possibly host the meet. Details will come to you as soon as we have them.
Part 2: The Future IS BRIGHT (literally)!
- We were just about to announce an AMAZING new Upgrade Plan for our Aquatics Center. The announcement and commencement of construction indoors was originally planned for July 12. However, the loss of our ventilation system last weekend, resulted in the pool closure starting, well, NOW.
- The indoor pool will be down until sometime in September while we replace the roof, repaint the walls, and do many, many other upgrades.
- Our Updated Aquatics Center will be AMAZING. We are so excited to get the process started-even if not on our original schedule.
More details to come at the July 9 Parents Meeting. And, more followup communication daily.
We look forward to THE GREAT OUTDOORS!