July 3, 2019
Dear GMA Families,
GOOD LUCK to our 19 GMA athletes representing our team at the Sharks Invitational Meet at Colgate University this weekend! We thank all of our GMA parents and coaches for supporting our team in attending this meet. It is GREAT to be surrounded by committed parents, athletes and coaches and we are excited to take advantage of this AWESOME racing opportunity. We are PUMPED to RACE FAST and show GREAT GMA team energy!
Please be sure to review ALL of the information listed BELOW so that you are best prepared for a GREAT weekend of GMA racing!!
- Please click HERE to link to the main meet information.
- Please click HERE for the final GMA team entries.
- Please click HERE for the Friday night meal sign-up.
Meet results will be available on Meet Mobile and we will keep the team informed of our daily progress! Our GMA athletes are focused and ready to work together as a team ALL weekend long. We are excited to introduce a new group of GMA leaders to our GMA team travel experience and we are so thankful that Danielle Harris will be serving as a team chaperone to help guide and teach our athletes. Our athletes on the trip will not only gain great RACING experience, they will also gain great travel experience. We know our athletes are ready to accept responsibility for their daily preparation, nutrition, hydration, sleep and self-care at a swim meet. GO GMA!!
Our TEAM GOALS for the weekend are:
- Every GMA swimmer will achieve AT LEAST 1 personal best time each day and AT LEAST 1 season best time each day.
- Every GMA swimmer will achieve at least one new cut time for a championship meet.
We will be sure to show our TEAM VALUES of Positivity, Unity and Fearlessness all weekend long. Our athletes have determined that we will be especially focused on interacting with every team member, watching and supporting one another in each race; setting a positive tone and environment so that we can all stay present and focused on the fun of racing fast; and using our warm-ups and warm-downs to help us perform at our very best mentally and physically.
Green Mountain Aquatics Long Course 2019:
SWIM MEET REMINDERS & GUIDELINES
The following reminders and guidelines are offered to our families to ensure that ALL GMA swimmers, parents and coaches enjoy FUN and SUCCESSFUL meet experiences!
1. Please arrive at the pool early. All swimmers need to be on deck ready to swim 15 minutes prior to the scheduled warm-up time. Please stay for the entire session in which you are swimming. Stay to participate on relays, to help clean up the pool area and to cheer on your teammates.
2. Please arrive on time for your meet job. Please plan to stay for the entire meet session.
3. Please introduce yourselves to GMA parents and to parents from other teams. We would like to create a cordial and open atmosphere at meets. Please do your part to be sure that all families feel welcome.
4. Parents are reminded that ONLY parents assigned to work on deck, swimmers and coaches are to be on deck. If you are NOT assigned to work on deck, you must be seated in the spectator seating area. This rule is set by USA Swimming and our liability insurance coverage for the athletes and coaches is dependent upon EVERYONE following this rule. Please also remember that this meet is held at an OUTDOOR POOL. Please pack appropriate protection from the sun, sunscreen, lawn chairs and outdoor comfort items.
5. Please pack the following for your swimmers:
2 GMA black racing caps (with the updated team logo)
2 pairs of goggles (shaded or mirrored for outdoor meets)
GMA team suit
GMA team shirts (colored and black)
GMA team apparel
At least 3 towels
Sunscreen and protection from the sun
Nutritious food and drinks only (Nutritious food includes - meats, vegetables, nuts, seeds and fruit.)
6. Swimmers are responsible for the following:
Knowing their meet events
Knowing their personal best times
Knowing their goals for each event
Talking to a coach before and after every race
Getting to their heats and lanes by themselves
Cheering for their teammates during the ENTIRE session (do not leave until the session is over and our team area is fully cleaned)
Demonstrating great sportsmanship and team spirit
Resting/ sleeping in bed at least one hour in between prelims and finals sessions
Warming up before each event, warming down after each event and maintaining any prescribed physical therapy routine.
7. At meets, the coaching staff will conduct and supervise warm-up procedures for the team. Before and after each race, the coaches will offer feedback regarding the swimmers performance.
8. It is the parent’s job to offer love and understanding regardless of their athlete’s performances. It is not the parent’s job to coach the swimmer on stroke technique, racing strategy or any other technical aspects of the sport. Please be patient with your child and remember that learning to be a champion requires time, experience and encouragement. The meet experiences and your child’s self worth should not be measured by the number of personal best times achieved alone. GMA swimmers are wonderful young people who need to be recognized for their great attitudes and their excellent effort in each race!
9. Please dress like an athlete at all times and WEAR YOUR GMA ATTIRE. Represent your team with pride, respect and spirit!
LET'S GO GMA!!! SWIM FAST AND HAVE FUN!!
Laura Matuszak, GMA Head Coach