July 8, 2019
- We hope everyone had a fun and safe July 4th Holiday! We are now back to the regular practice schedule beginning today, Monday, July 8th.
- Coaches Appreciation Week: Begins TODAY. See below for additional details.
- 9/10 Age Group Party: Will be held this evening at East Bay Sports.Click HERE additional details.
- Next Dual Meet: Will be held on Wednesday, July 10th at Diablo County Club (DCC). IMPORTANT: We were just advised that DCC is requiring a parking pass for this meet. PLEASE PRINT THIS PARKING PASS AND HAVE IT DISPLAYED ON YOUR CAR'S DASHBOARD. Please plan on arriving at the Diablo pool by 4:00pm. Warm-ups will start at 4:15 pm.
- Opportunity to purchase a Business or Personal Ad in our VSA Meet Program! Click HERE to learn more. Deadline is July 19th! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot!
- Spirit Week will begin in two weeks which means our Lip Sync/Talent Show is also right around the corner! Click HERE to sign-up your act!
- Don't forget for those swimmers in summer camps and/or with other obligations, coaches are running evening practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 5:00-6:00pm.
From the COACHES’ corner: Welcome back! We hope everyone enjoyed their break and are ready for the next four weeks as they will be extremely busy. Each meet gets tougher and tougher as we near the end of the season.
This weekend (Sat/Sun) we do not have a dual meet. Instead we have our team split between two invitational meets. Woodlands is Saturday and Sunday. Springbrook is Sunday only. Both are great meets and offer great competition and a chance for each swimmer to improve their performances.
Woodlands Sat/Sun: This is a prelims and finals meet with relays (all day event both Sat/Sun)
- Saturday: Meet on deck 8:00am – team meeting (parking will be extremely tight)
- Saturday: Team warm ups 8:30am – will offer a warm up to do at RH Pool
- Saturday: Meet starts 9:00am
- Saturday: Coaches: Brian, Devon and Kelsey
- Sunday: Meet on deck 7:15am – our team warm up is earlier on Sunday
- Sunday: Team warm ups 7:30am – will offer a warm up to do at RH pool
- Sunday: Meet starts 9:00am
- Sunday: Coaches: Brian and Kelsey (Devon, Parker and Alison @ Springbrook)
- Sunday: Team pizza dinner after the meet at Skipolini’s in Walnut Creek
Springbrook Sunday ONLY: This is a pentathlon and timed finals. Everyone swims all 5 events
- Sunday: Meet on deck 7:45am – team meeting
- Sunday: Team warm ups 8:05-8:25am we have 4 lanes so no RH warm up offered
- Sunday: Coaches: Devon, Parker and Alison
- Sunday: Team pizza dinner after the meet at Skipolini’s in Walnut Creek
We have Diablo CC this
Wednesday at Diablo. We will be asking all swimmers what they
would like to swim. They can either swim their Woodlands
events (Spring has all 5 so they will be swimming everything) or
pick 2 events they are thinking of swimming for VSA League.
Preliminary VSA League entries are due one week from today Monday
The next four weeks will move fast. We only have 3 dual meets left: Diablo, San Ramon and Crow Canyon. Just a reminder if you have not competed in 3 meets a swimmer will have to swim the VSA League Championship as a complimentary swimmer and ineligible for finals, relays or able to score points. If that is the case we would love to still have you compete for the experience and eligibility for County.
Good luck, stay healthy and GO HEAT!
Congratulations to this week's Swimmers of the Week" recipients. These are kids that have demonstrated solid practice attendance, showed up ready to listen, followed instructions, demonstrated sportsmanship, encouraged teammates, and had a positive attitude!
|6 & U||
Addison DeWolff & Tyler Pope
|15 - 18||
County Qualifiers: Congrats to the 62 swimmers who have qualified for the county meet. View our county qualifers on the website.
"No Breather Club!" is for swimmers 8 and under who swim a "no breather" in 25 yard freestyle or butterfly at a swim meet! Please complete the attached Google Doc with details when this is accomplished.
Coaches Appreciation Week: Begins TODAY, July 8th! We always appreciate our coaches, but we now get to show them how much!
There are several ways you will be able to appreciate them:
- Opt-in to a group gift for our coaches! The team can bill your member account $50, or any amount of your choice. To opt-in to this group gift please e-mail Cindy Koeltl at President@rhswim.com by Wednesday, July 11th with your last name, member number and amount you wish to contribute!
- An email will be sent later this week with details on how to sign-up to bring our coaches a coffee, smoothies or lunches. This option will be provided for not only this week but the rest of the month of July!
- Drop-off handmade cards and notes of appreciation! Your swimmers words of appreciation are priceless! A basket will be in Hillary's office the week of July 8th, please be sure to label any cards/gifts placed in the basket!
- There will be poster board and pens available that we will hang around the pool. Grab some friends, be creative and lets show our coaches how much we appreciate them!
Our wonderful coaches spend hundreds of hours in the hot sun teaching and guiding our kids. We appreciate your support in thanking them for such a fantastic swim season!
Spirit Night: Hot Shot Meet, Lip Sync/Talent Show, Pasta Feed: Don’t miss the biggest Spirit party of the season, ! The evening will kick off with our Hot Shot Swim Meet (come cheer on these adorable 3-5 year olds!!!) This one-lap race will be immediately followed by a swim team Pasta Feed, Talent performance by a variety of acts! Call club reception to make your reservation soon! Click here to sign up for lip sync and talent show!
End of Season Celebration: Also, be sure to keep your calendar free for our end of the season celebration on Sunday, August 11th. Stay tuned for details!
Also, mark your calendars for these additional spirit events:
- 9/10 Age Group Party: Monday, July 8th at East Bay Sports
- 11 - 14 Age Group Party: Monday, July 22nd at Danville Bowl
- Parent Pink Party: will be held on Saturday, July 20th
- Spirit Week: July 22 thru 26th
Click HERE to see additional details on Spirit events.
VSA League Championships: This is THE most important meet of the season and we would like encourage every swimmer to attend! It will be held on July 27th and 28th at Dougherty High School. Swimmers will be entered in 3 individual events and up to 2 relays. No family is exempt from working a job at this meet regardless of your swimmer's participation. If you cannot work, a $150 fee will be charged to your Round Hill account and we will find a sub for you. Families may not hire their own subs. Please inform the Jobs Chairperson, Kirsten Hazard, email@example.com , if you are unable to work. Stay tuned after our July 4th break for additional information on this meet.
- Woodlands and Springbrook: Invitations to swimmers who qualified for these invitationals have been provided a separate communications outlining the meet details, jobs information and job opt-outs have been emailed. Please reference those communications for details or email Lisa Christiansen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Del Amigo Splash: For those that expressed interest in participating in this meet, an email was sent with additional instruction for entry. Parents need to choose the events their swimmer would like to swim no later than Monday July 8th. Please email Lisa Christensen email@example.com with any additional questions.
Upcoming Meets: For meet details and lineups (when available) click on the specific meet under “Events” on the homepage.
Wednesday, July 10: RHCC @ Diablo– 4:15pm warm-ups / 5:15pm start
Saturday, and Sunday July 13- 14: Woodlands Invitational @ Woodlands (invite only)
Sunday, July 14 Springbrook Penthalon @ Springbrook (invite only) – 8:00am warm-ups / 9:00am start
Wednesday, July 17 San Ramon Aquacats @ RHCC - 4:15pm warm-ups / 5:30pm start
Thursday, July 18 Del Amigo Splash @Del Amigo (invite only) -5:15pm start