July 6, 2019
GATOR NEWSLETTER – WEEK 7
Hi Gator Parents! We have two weeks left and they are jam packed with meets, stroke clinics, practices and special events! Below is information about Gator Spirit Parties, A and B Team Conference Meets, dual meets this week, plus a few important announcements. Please read it all!!!!
GATOR SPIRIT PARTIES! All Gators are invited, regardless of their participation in Conference Meets!
- The B Team Spirit Party is this Friday, July 12th - 6-7:30 pm at Ackerman on the indoor turf.
- The A Team Spirit Party is next Friday, July 19th - 6-7:30 pm at Ackerman on the indoor turf.
- This is a drop-off event. The coaches and Gator Committee Members will be hosting and supervising your children.
- lf your gator would like to attend their Spirit Party, please sign up on our website AND bring $10 cash (per gator) to practice in an envelope (with their name and team (A or B) written on the envelope) and put it in the collection envelope on the Gator office window before the signup deadline.
- The $10 cost per gator includes pizza, snacks, drinks, dessert, gator spirit crafts, games, etc.
- The sign up deadline for this week's B Conference Spirit Party is 11am on Wednesday, July 10th. The deadline to sign up for the A Conference Party is Wednesday, July 17th.
Upcoming Practices and Stroke Clinics
- Practices - - All Gators are encouraged to come to practice until our last practice on Friday, July 19th (even if you've already competed in B Conference!).
- Upcoming Stroke Clinics -
- only two sessions left!
- This week - Monday through Thursday - Starts and Turns - there are still spots open! link for information https://www.teamunify.com/recilgeg/UserFiles/Image/QuickUpload/gators-stroke-clinic-2019-2-_098356.pdf
- JUST ADDED - Next Week - July
15-18th - "Stroke Choice" - Coach Jane, Sydney,
Kate and Grace will work in small groups on your Gators choice
stroke. Sign up online at www.gepark.org.
- 10:10 - 10:40 - - 7/8 and 9/10 B Team -- Code 115340
- 10:45 - 11:15 - - 9/10 A Team and 11 and up -- Code 115341
B Conference Championship Meet
- Saturday, July 13th at Rice Pool in Wheaton (outdoors) - rain date is Sunday, July 14th.
- Arrival time is 6:30 am. The meet officially begins at 8:00 am and is usually over by 2:00pm.
- All B team Gators who are signed up for B Conference will be in the meet.
- We are working hard on our line-up for this exciting championship meet and will email the entries by Monday.
A Conference Championship Meet
- Saturday, July 20th at the Western Springs pool (outdoors), rainout date is Sunday.
- The A Team Conference sign up deadline has been extended to this Tuesday, July 10th. Please do not miss this deadline if your A Team Gator would like to be considered for this meet.
- Signing up for A Conference does not guarantee your Gator will be swimming in the meet. According to our conference rules, we are only allowed to bring three Gators and two relay teams for each event to the A Conference, Last year about 50% of our A team Gators made the A Conference team.
- The roster for A Conference will be announced on Tuesday, July 16th.
Important Information about Conference Meets - These meets are super exciting and fun but are much longer than our regular season meet because we are competing against every team in our conference – 7 teams!
- B Conference typically ends around 2pm and A Conference is usually over by 1:00 pm.
- The viewing area at Conference meets are limited and will be a rotating spectator area. Spectators will only be allowed to sit in this area when they have a swimmer in the water racing. Unfortunately, saving seats and staying in your seat when your Gator is not racing will not be allowed. There will be a large designated area for Gators and families to spend time between events (bring your folding chairs, bug spray, sunscreen, picnic blankets, etc).
- Gators must swim in three regular season meets to be eligible to swim in Conference.
- Prepare your Gator for the meet. They should bring proper fitting goggles, a team cap and their team suit, a couple of towels and blanket to sit on. Also bring snacks and activities to do in between events (games, crafts). During the meet, they need to be in our designated Gator team area so they can keep track of when they are called to bullpen for lineup.
- There will be a concession stand open during Conference meets selling food and beverages, or you can bring your own food.
- There is one 20 minute break after event #40 for the coaches and officials to eat lunch and to swap out the volunteer positions. Typically, B Conference ends at around 2pm, and A Conference at 1pm.
MEETS THIS WEEK:
Tuesday - B Team Away vs.Western Springs - arrival time - 6:00 pm.
Thursday - B Team Home vs. Wheaton - arrival time - 5:45 pm.
Saturday – B Team Conference Championship Meet at Rice Pool in Wheaton
GATOR CELEBRATION NIGHT 7:45 pm until 10:00 pm.
- 7:45 - 10pm on Sunday, July 21st at Sunset Park and Pool.
- All Gators and their families are invited to attend!
- We are changing it up a little - The CELEBRATION will start with a brief large group awards ceremony where we will recognize several outstanding volunteers and other fun team accomplishments. Then we will break out into smaller team groups to celebrate that specific group, announce their Green Goggle Award winners, Record Breakers, and Coaches Award winners. Then our Gator Pool Party will begin!
- At the pool party we will have a Gator Family Meet that will be in the lap pool (details coming soon!), a cannonball contest in the diving area, cupcakes, and tons of fun!
- All ribbons and medals from both Conference meets will be available for pickup during this party. If you can't make it to the party, the ribbon files will be waiting for you in the Gator Office for the following two weeks.
CANNED FOOD DRIVE: PLEASE DONATE! As part of an effort to give back to our community, we are asking our Gators to collect canned goods and other non-perishable items for the Glen Ellyn Food pantry. There is a large box next to the Gator office to collect items. Please just send these items to practice with your Gators, or feel free to drop them off yourselves! We will be collecting through July 19. Thank you for your support! The Food Pantry has indicated a greater need for items like the following, but any non-expired, non-perishable items are welcome contributions: Mac&Cheese, canned mandarin oranges or peaches, canned corn, tuna/chicken, canned pasta, ravioli, spaghetti o’s, jarred pasta sauce, boxed pasta, jelly.
Last but not least, Gator Pride award winners this week are pictured below - CONGRATS to these outstanding kids!