July 7, 2019
July 8 - 14, 2019
End of Season Approaching: This will be our final week of the season! All workouts starting July 15 will be only for swimmers participating in our remaining Championship Meets. Information on our Fall/Winter programming will be posted in early August . More details coming soon!!
COHO Classic, July 12-14 @Deerspring Pool : The COHO Classic Meet Event Page will be updated throughout the week with confirmed SWAQ entries, Job Assignments, and information pertaining to the meet. All participating families will be emailed finalized information as it is received. As a reminder, this is an OUTDOOR POOL. Please pack plenty of chairs, water, sunscreen!!
WHTN Last Dance, July 13-14 @UIC : The WHTN Last Dance Meet Event Page will also be updated throughout the week with confirmed SWAQ entries, Job Assignments, and information pertaining to the meet. All participating families will be emailed finalized information as it is received.
Illinois Swimming Senior Championship Meet, July 11-14 @RecPlex: All Senior Championship entries will be transferred into USA Swimming's Online Meet Entry System on Monday morning. The Senior Championship Meet Event Page will be updated with qualifier entries, meet details, etc. throughout the week, along with emailed out to all participants.
Senior Champ Entry Reminders:
- Entries will close for the meet on Sunday, July 7 in order for the Coaching Staff to transfer all of our entries into USA Swimming's Online Meet Entry system.
- We will not automatically assume your swimmer will attend the meet. Please be sure to declare your swimmers attendance if they plan on competing!
- For our high school swimmers, some times achieved at your respective high school championship meet (Conference, Sectionals, etc.) may not be reflected in our database YET. We have gone through these meets and imported times. Any missing times will be manually entered - as a favor, please place correct time in Notes if you spot an error. Times can only be from Championship Meets, not dual meets.
SWAQ-BDSC HOSTS Illinois Swimming Summer Regional Championship at the NNAC: We are excited to, once again, be hosting this summer's Illinois Swimming Regional Championship Meet on July 19 - 21 - giving our swimmers the home pool advantage! We need the support of ALL SWAQ FAMILIES to make this meet a success:
- ENTRIES: As a reminder quick reminder, if you/your swimmer plans to swim at the Illinois Swimming Summer Regional Championship, please be sure to declare his/her attendance ASAP. Please remember you must have qualifying times in order to participate in the meet. Once all entries are confirmed, all participating families will be emailed updates pertaining to the meet.
- VOLUNTEERING: We
have have five sessions over the course of three days, so we will
need ALL families to
volunteer (even if your swimmer is not participating in the
CLICK HERE to sign up ahead of time, and
choose the job that works for your schedule. All open slots WILL BE
ASSIGNED by the volunteer
coordinators. Email volunteer@
swiftaquatics.org, if you have any questions.
- DONATIONS: We are requesting the following items to help off-set expenses for concessions and hospitality. Donations are not mandatory, but any donations are very much appreciated. CLICK HERE to view our donation list + sign up to donate an item.
Niles North Parking Reminder: The drive that most use to access the pool is now closed. Please use the drive by the Main Entrance (closer to Old Orchard Rd) to drop your swimmers off at Door 12. The West Lot (which most park in) is now closed. The closest access point to the Aquatics Center would be either in the lot by the Main Entrance or across Lawler Ave. in the Old Orchard lot. Please plan accordingly when heading to the pool.
- NASA Spring Blast Off Meet Wrap-Up
- BDSC May Mania Meet Wrap-Up
- PX3 Welcome to Summer Meet Wrap-Up
- SWAT Single Age Grand Prix Meet Wrap-Up
- Swim Pink A+ Meet Wrap-Up
- MAC Summer Challenge
Swimmer Safety/Facility Notes:
- Niles North Aquatics Center Map (NNAC) || Niles West Pool Map (NW)
- NNAC-North = 6 Lane Pool, NNAC-South = 8 Lane Pool
- If your swimmer is under the age of 12, we encourage you to walk your swimmer into the facility. Each high school is incredibly busy after school with athletic programs, club activities, etc. We want to make sure your swimmer can access each pool safely.
- After changing for workout, please bring all clothes/personal items onto the pool deck - this is where it is safest. We are not responsible for anything lost or stolen in the locker room. In addition, please familiarize yourself our Locker Room Policy.
- During practice sessions, we cannot have any parents on the pool deck. Any questions or concerns can be addressed with the Coaching Staff after practices or communicated via email.
Summer Session : Diving starts back up this week. As a reminder, the summer session runs through July 17.