July 8, 2019
All Dolphin Swimmers and Parents deserve an incredible pat on the back after this past week/weekend. As our Wednesday's B-Meet displayed, we were able to swim tired yet hungry and fast for more! At our Saturday A-Meet, we continued to bravely swim in line with our Wednesday's B-Meet demeanor of "tired yet hungry and fast" to propel us to a great meet against Lakelands. Then, on Sunday, we had our Relay Carnival at Lake Marion, which was such an EPIC sight to see and energy to feel from team spirt and team camaraderie!
A huge shout out to all the: coaches, team reps, officials, automation team, parent volunteers, and so many more who helped run this meet successfully! Without everyone's help to chip in over the past week and this weekend, we would not have been able to have the team come together as the UNIFIED DOLPHIN front I have seen. Everything builds upon one another, which then leads our team to experience a happier and exciting meet(s)!
In saturday's A-Meet we had real important "Swim Ups" that were not just for the individual, but to help the team! Again, these "Swim Ups" are VITAL to our team that is lean during certain parts of the season. Please note that these should NOT ever be swept under the rug because they truly better the overall team. A "Swim Up" means: a younger swimmer swims in an age group that is older than their age group. Below are the listed swimmers who "Swam Up":
- Cameron Edick (6) Boys 11-12 - 50 Free <-- 2 age group gap! Well DONE!
- Alexandra Finn (11) Girls 13-14 - 50 Free AND 50 Fly
- Sam Meddin (14) Boys 15-18 - Open Medley (50 Breast) and 100 Breast
Swimmers of the Meet
These traditional awards for Swimmers of the Meet go to the boy and girl swimmer who had a tremendous performance(s), big time drops and/or awesome charisma for being a Somerset Dolphin! The following are this Week's Swimmers of the Meet:
- Indu Kumar
- Xan Guyer
Best Dressed Outfit
Saturday's Week 4 USA theme was beyond patriotic, which may have propelled our USA Woman's World Cup to a big WIN. The award goes to the boy or girl swimmer who shows up to the meet in the BEST DRESSED OUTFIT, which goes to:
- Mac Owen
- Joey Edick (8&U) - 25 Breast
- Dylan Reilly (8&U) - 25 Free, 25 Breast, 25 Fly
- Jessie Williams (9-10) - 50 Free
- Peter Kumar (11-12) - 50 Free
- Phoebe Lewis (11-12) - 50 Free, 50 Breast
- Miles Haraldsson (13-14) - 50 Free, 100 IM, 50 Back, 50 Fly
- Emily Smith (15-18) - 100 Breast
- Samantha Smith (15-18) - 100 Free, 100 Back
- Delia Vanderzon (15-18) - 100 Back
Division J Relay Carnival
Sunday we had our Relay Carnival where we had one of the best experienced meets! This draws upon that team spirt and team camaraderie I mentioned before. Our Blackout theme went unparalleled to ANY other team, and to have us stand out against the 5 other Division J teams was such a great sight to see. We also had people dig down deep to find their drive, speed and determination as we wrapped up a long Week 4. Some first place finishes for our Division J Relay Carnival goes to:
- Boys Graduated 175M Free Relay: Gage Bolten, Peter Kumar, Miles Haraldsson, and Dylan Reilly
- Girls Open Age 200M Medley Relay: Samantha Smith, Emily Smith, Nicole Vanderzon, Delia Vanderzon
- 8&U Boys 100M Medley Relay: Mac Owen, Tommy Astill, Dylan Reilly, Eli Mascott
We also cannot forget to recognize the swimmers who stepped up to "Swim Up" for the meet. Each were incredibly integral to allowing the age group to swim that relay:
- Indu Kumar (6) Girls 9-10 100M Medley Relay
- Matias Lopez Forastier (10) Boys 11-12 200 Medley Relay
- Clara Bilbao (12) Girls 13-14 200M Medley Relay
Important Week 5 Dates & Other Save the Dates
- Week 5 B-Meet: Wednesday, 7/10, we will swim against Carderock at OUR POOL (Home). Rockland’s BBQ Food Truck will be on site!
Week 5 A-Meet: Saturday, 7/13, we will swim against Calverton at OUR POOL (Home).