July 9, 2019
Here’s all the news you need to know for the week of July 7:
1. Key Announcements:
- Don't Forget Team Cap Tuesday -- Don't forget to bring and wear your cap at practice tonight!
- Everybody: Sign Up for the Upcoming MAC Long Course OPEN Meet -- This meet is "open," so swimmers with any times may attend. This is one of the last meets of the summer season, and is a last chance to qualify for TAGS for our age group swimmers. The registration link is available below, and entries have been extended to Wednesday, July 10.
- Seniors: Make Sure You Sign Up for the Last Meets of the Summer --Entries for the Lewisville Meet are due by July 12 (next Friday). The registration link is available below.
- New MAAPP Requirements -- Please refer to the separate announcement (HERE) with information about the new USA Swimming Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy, and the changes it will mean for our 18 and over athletes, communications via TeamApp, and locker room policies.
2. Practice Cancellations – THERE ARE NO PRACTICE CANCELLATIONS THIS WEEK! Your coach will let you know if there are any practice-group specific adjustments to this week’s schedule.
You can always check out the FAST Calendar, available HERE, for an up-to-date list of cancellations and team-related events.
3. Upcoming Swim Meets:
- 7/11-7/14 – Summer Sectionals @UT Austin – This meet is for senior swimmers with very fast times. The deadline to register has passed -- good luck to the swimmers who are going!
7/19-7/21 – MAC Long Course Unclassified
Invitational – This
is an open long course meet (anyone can swim). The deadline to register has been extended
to Wednesday, July 10.
7/24-7/28 – 2019 Long Course TAGS @UT
Austin – This meet
is for 14 and under swimmers with very fast times. The
registration link is now live, and the deadline to register is
Sunday, July 21.
- 7/24-7/27 – 2019 American Long Course @Lewisville Westside -- This is a meet for senior swimmers with very fast times. The registration deadline is Friday, July 12.
4. Sign up for Team App – Click HERE for instructions for creating an account and linking to the coaching groups. (Consistent with MAAPP, we will not be creating new accounts for under 18 swimmers.) Check it out, and sign up! And, be sure to turn on notifications, so that notices from your coaches pop up on your phone in real time.
See you at the pool!