July 9, 2019
2019 VSI Regional Summer Awards - MEET INFORMATION
The following meet information, the full meet sanction, and the heat sheets (once available) can now be found on the TAC website under the “Meets/Events” tab for the 2019 VSI Regional Summer Awards Meet this weekend at Princess Anne YMCA.
- Warm-up Assignments
- Session Timelines (per session)
- Additional Meet Information per the Meet Director
Heat sheets will NOT be available at the swim meet. These will be made available to all on Thursday via email and Meet Mobile.
TIMERS – The timer assignments will be distributed via Sign-up Genius. Please watch your email for a Sign-up Genius soon to volunteer for these positions. Please be reminded that TAC does not award Service Points for these positions however our team is required to provide timers as we are participating in this meet. Thank you in advance for the continued support of your swimmers!
Our TAC assigned warm-up times will be as follows. Please be sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early to give your swimmers plenty of time to prepare for getting in the water with the team.
- Friday AM (12 & U) – Warm-ups 7:20 to 8:00 AM/Meet Start 8:20 AM
- Saturday & Sunday AM (12 & U) – Warm-ups 7:20 to 8:00 AM/ Meet Start 8:10 AM
- Friday & Saturday PM (13 & O) – Warm-ups Start at 12:30 PM/Estimated Meet Start 1:45 PM
- Sunday PM (13 & O) – Warm-ups Start at 12:50 PM/ Estimated Meet Start 2:05 PM
- Sunday Distance (800 Free) – The pool will be open for 15 minutes of open warm-up immediately following the finish of the PM session; meet will begin 5 minutes after that.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: If the morning session runs longer than the timeline, afternoon warm-ups will begin immediately after the morning session ends.
DISTANCE REMINDER: If your swimmer is competing in the 800 Free they must provide ONE timer and a lap counter.
The address to the Princess Anne Family YMCA is:
2121 Landstown Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
- Swimmers and Parents – This is an outdoor meet – please plan accordingly. Stay hydrated. Even a 2-3 hour meet can wipe you out if you do not stay hydrated. Feel free to bring your own water or Gatorade that you prefer, however concessions will be available. Sunblock, hats, glasses, additional towels, and warm clothing/shoes are recommended as well.
- Please be sure to have your swimmers prepared with their team suits, yellow TAC swim caps, and their TAC shirts/TAC apparel. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT ALL SWIMMERS PACK SWEATSHIRTS AND SWEATPANTS, PARKAS, EXTRA DRY TOWELS, SOCK, AND SNEAKERS TO WEAR AT ALL TIMES WHEN NOT COMPETING.
- Swimmers – The coaching staff will be setting up a team tent in the grass area surrounding the pool. When you arrive, please let a coach know and they will direct you.
- Parents – Spectator seating is available in the poolside grandstand and in the grass area surrounding the pool. No parents will be allowed on deck at any time.
Have a great remainder of the week and GO TAC!!