July 15, 2019
- Thanks to ALL that contributed to Coach Appreciation Week last week! Our coaches were feeling the love! Did you miss out and still want to participate? Well, good news, there are still sign-ups available to bring them coffee, smoothies, breakfast snacks and lunches thru the balance of July! Click HERE to sign up!
- Next Dual Meets: Wednesday, July 17th, is a home meet against the San Ramon Aquacats. Please plan on arriving at the RHCC pool by 4:00pm. Warm-ups will start at 4:15pm. Saturday, July 20th's dual meet will be against Crow Canyon! Please plan on arriving at the CCCC by 7am for warm-ups, meet will start promptly at 8:30am.
- The Del Amigo Splash will be held on Thursday, July 18th at the Del Amigo pool. Separate emails have been sent to those of you that signed up to attend this event providing details. If there are additional questions, please email Lisa Christensen firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PINK Party: Will be held Saturday, July 20th. As a reminder, the FINAL day to edit your RSVP to the Pink Party is this Wednesday July 17th. RSVP is required to attend, thanks for your understanding. Any additional details will be sent through the sign-up genius. We can't wait to party with you on Saturday!
- Last Change Meet: Sunday, July 21st at Blackhawk Country Club at 3:00pm. See below for additional details.
- 11 - 14 Age Group Party: Will be held on Monday, July 22nd at Danville Bowl.
- The VSA (Valley Swim Association) League Championship Meet: is right around the corner! It is a two day meet and will be held the weekend of July 27/28 at Dougherty High School. See below for additional details. If you interested in purchasing a Business or Personal Ad, please click HERE to learn more. Deadline is July 19th. Email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
- Spirit Week is next week! Please call club reception to RSVP for our spirit night pasta feed on Wednesday, July 24th. There are some amazing events occurring each day. Please see below for details on all of the events and how to sign up!
COACHES CORNER: Congrats to all of the swimmers that participated in the Woodlands Invitational and Springbrook Pentathlon this past weekend. It was 2 VERY long days and we appreciate that the swimmers got to the clerk of the court on time and swam well. The competition experienced at these meets is reflective of what we can expect to see at VSA and so we need to continue to stayed focused.
July is the time that the team comes together! Officially, we only have TWO dual meets left and our League Championship! Every meet counts. Every practice matters. Get to the pool -- on time and prepared-- every day . We have been working towards our two biggest meets of the season -- our dual meet against Crow this Saturday and our VSA League Championship meet next weekend.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Again, great job this past weekend for all that partcipated at Woodlands and Springbrook. A separate communication will be provided with more details on the results of these events!
Swimmers of the Week: Look for these superstars in their special caps and click here to view our swimmers of the week so far this season!
County Qualifiers: Congrats to the 64 swimmers who have qualified for the county meet. View our county qualifers on the website.
Meet results are available on the website, click here to view!
"No Breather Club!" is for swimmers 8 and under who swim a "no breather" in 25 yard freestyle or butterfly at a swim meet! Please complete the attached Google Doc with details when this is accomplished. T he "No Breather" Ice Cream Social will be Tuesday, July 30th at 11:30am.
SPIRIT: Spirit Week begins July 22! Here are a few details to help you prepare for this fun week!
Monday, 7/22: Pool games!
- Pancake Breakfast on the pool deck from 9am-noon! (FREE, unlimited pancakes).
- Poster making. Grab your friends and create FUN spirit posters!
Wednesday, 7/24: It's Spirit Night! Call the club to RSVP NOW for our Pasta Feed on the pool deck! All reservations must be made by Monday, July 22nd. Cost: $25 (inclusive) for Adults and Children 13 & over, $15 (inclusive) for Children 5-12 years old, Children under 5 are Complimentary! No Host-Bar.
- Come cheer on our Hot Shots ( dorable 3-5 year olds!!!) at 5:30! This one-lap race will be immediately followed by a swim team Pasta Feed, Talent performance by a variety of acts! Call club reception to make your reservation soon!
- Click here to sign up for Family Boat Races! Start building your cardboard boats at home this weekend! Only cardboard and duck tape allowed! Never fear, after the race, we'll dispose of soggy boats. Which family will win??
- Click here to sign up for the talent show! All acts, please stay tuned for additional information on where to send your music, if appropriate. The talent show is tentatively scheduled to start around 7pm.
Thursday, 7/25: Pool games - THE HEAT 500! is ON! What's THE HEAT 500, you ask? Come to practice on Thursday to find out!
Friday, 7/26: Get your spirit ON, literally!
- During Friday's practice, we'll have hair braiding and HEAT Tattoos! Our vendor will be at the pool beginning at 9am. CASH ONLY PLEASE.
- Decorate your car! Pink markers and flamingo stencils will be available for car decorating during swim practice on Friday. For those that can't make it during practice, swing by the Schroeder's house (120 Valley Oaks Drive) between 5-6pm and we'll decorate your car for you!
- Also, if have U8 swimmers attending League, be sure to check your doorstep Friday night / first thing Saturday morning for a gift from the SWIM FAIRIES!
RSVP for our End of Season Celebration, Sunday, August 11th at 4pm: If you haven't made your reservation yet for our end of season celebration, call reception now! All reservations must be made by Sunday, August 4th! Cost: $28 (inclusive) for Adults and Children 13 & over, $22 (inclusive) for Children 5-12 years old, Children under 5 are Complimentary! No Host-Bar. Feel free to request table mates when you call, we'll do our best to honor requests.
PHOTOS: Great photos of our swimmers are being posted on the team's instagram account. If you have an instagram account please follow us @roundhillswimteam! Also, check out our team SmugMug account for access to some amazing photos! Click here to access our smugmug account. Password is teamheat. It will get you excited for our slideshow at our celebration banquet! If you have photos to contribute, stay tuned for information on how to submit them!
VSA LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP: The League Meet will take place the weekend of July 27 and 28 at Dougherty Valley High School. Please check the League Meet info page on the website to obtain more information. More details will also be provided next week.
- Jobs : Please remember that families are required to work jobs during the season are also required to work a job at League Meet regardless of your child’s participation. Each family is required to work one job, either or . Sign-ups are currently available - please login and sign up. Sign-ups will be on a first come, first serve basis. If you do not sign up, a job will be assigned to you. If you cannot work a job or are not attending League, you need to notify the coaches and Kirsten Hazard (firstname.lastname@example.org). Families not attending or who cannot work will be charged a fee of $150, so we can hire subs to fill your jobs.
LAST CHANCE MEET: The Last Chance meet is for swimmers who are close to County and would like to swim one more time to try and qualify for County. If you are unsure whether your swimmer should sign up, please talk to the coaches. This year, the Last Chance Meet will be held, Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 3:00PM at Blackhawk Country Club. This meet is open to all swimmers, no restrictions. Please note: Roundhill coaches will NOT be at this event. Click HERE to sign up. Additional information can also be found at www.hoxswim.com.
CONTRA COSTA CHAMPIONSHIP MEET: Please sign your swimmers in/out of this meet even if they have not yet obtained a qualifying time. Please see the County Information tab under "Meet Info" on our website for additional information.
UPCOMING MEETS: For meet details and lineups (when available) click on the specific meet under “Events” on the homepage.
Wednesday, July 17 San Ramon Aquacats @ RHCC - 4:15pm warm-ups / 5:30pm start
Thursday, July 18 Del Amigo Splash @Del Amigo (invite only) -5:15pm start
Saturday, July 20th: RHCC @ Crow Canyon Country Club
Sunday, July 21st: Last Chance Meet @ Blackhawk - 3:00pm