July 24, 2019
12 &u STATE MEET RESULTS
Our mighty team of Kendall Kaberle, Lila Glenn, Ella Cabbage and Kira Adams placed 18 out of 36 teams. These girls all did an amazing job and everyone had to swim best times to make it into finals.
Their 400 freestyle relay team placed 9th
Kira Adams 13th 200 back
Ella Cabbage 10th 100 back, 9th 50 back and 15th in the 50 breast
Lila Glenn 7th 400 free, 7th 200 free, 15th 100 free and 13th in the 200 IM.
(Lila will move on to compete for TEAM MICHIGAN at the 14&u Zone Meet next week in Pleasant Prairie, WI)
Last day of practice for all groups! July 31st no practices August
(BUT WE ARE GOING TO PARTY ON JULY 30TH as Kathy is out of town beginning the 31st)
We are doing an ALL TEAM fun day! (All groups, including BLUE I who typically doesn’t swim on Tues)
- 8:30 group gathers on the bleachers! Be in suits please!
- 8:45 am start our play time and in the water!
- 9:30 finish indoor playtime, keep suits on! maybe add shorts? …for some games on the other side yellow wall field which will include water balloon toss/relays etc…
10:30 come inside for pancake breakfast and yogurt bar!!
11:30 am pick up for all kids!!
Please go to team EVENTS TO SIGN UP FOR JOBS & FOOD AND BALLOONS ETC…
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE:
- Fall swim team registration begins August 19th at 9:00 am –August 20th for all returning Breakers families who swam 2018-19 -at WEST pool only.
- NEW BREAKERS: Tryouts begin the 21st 9-11 am and 22nd 4-6 pm at WEST, until all slots are filled (spread the word especially for RED)
- The team fee will go up $115, this covers USA swim registration, ($80) a custom BREAKERS shirt & custom silicone cap for the season. Orange Portfolio folders will be available at WEST, & you must come in to complete paperwork.
- Your child’s group and practice schedule will be published on the website by Aug 12th. Please contact Kathy@gtbayymca.org if you don’t see your swimmer’s name and she will make adjustments.
(This spreadsheet will also be at the WEST front desk August 20th)
DATES TO NOTE!!!!
- September 5th at Gilbert Lodge at Twin Lakes Park, potluck 5-6 PM, & then THE PARENT meeting/meet the coaches AND your groups 6-7:00pm
(sign up will be up soon on team unify under events)
- September 9th, practice begins for all groups
- Suit fitting September 12th at WEST (RED will swim at WEST that night) 4:30-6:30 pm
- September 21st (Saturday) renowned sport psychologist Dr. Alan Goldberg will be here for a 10&u, 11&up, & a separate coaches and parent clinic ….on Swim Psychology & motivation and how to be a great swim parent. He is witty, intelligent and his lifework can be found at https://www.competitivedge.com
NOTE: GIRLS HIGHSCHOOL AND ONE PRACTICE TIME CHANGE FOR SENIORS AND WHITE II
- ALL girls high school swimmers will need to be registered for the team during open registration in August and pay the $115 fee (Senior team will be much larger this year and I need to know commitments-PLEASE).
- Seniors will have an earlier practice on MON & WED from 4:00-6:00 pm-all others remain close to same. White II will swim from 5:45-7:00 on MON & WED)
- We send in our USA/MI registrations in September of each year.
- You can set up monthly billing starting when you think you’re highschool swimmer will be returning.
If you have any questions please email me.
I will be gone Thursday -Sunday at the 13/14 State meet with Blake Rowe, Avery Bills and Isaac Hintz!
Wish them luck!