July 25, 2019
WOW! We finished up our Divisionals Seed Meeting with all the other teams last night and received some additional info to share with you.
- Location: Larkspur Swim and Racquet Club (732 Edwin Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23462.) This is a 5-lane pool so there will be 3 heats for each event.
- Parking: Please park in the adjacent schools.
- Team Set Ups: Each team will have an area to set up their tents/chairs/zoo. They will be marked with a sign. There is no shade so bring tents! We are responsible for cleaning up our space after the meet.
6:00: Pool Opens
6:30: Cheshire Forest swimmers must have checked in with Zookeeper Paula Harville
6:45-7:00: Cheshire Forest and LionFish warm-ups (we each get two lanes)
7:05: National Anthem
7:15: Meet Begins
There will be a five-minute break at half time to switch out refs/timers and then the meet will resume.
Noon: Meet must be over by noon.
- Food: There will be food trucks where we can purchase food. Rita’s Ice will have bagels for breakfast food.
- THANK YOU to our meet volunteers:
- Starter: Mike McKlveen
- Judges: Rebecca Monnikendam Jordan Kobs (both halves)
- Timers First Half: Jamie Groves, Courtney Von Tersch and Julie Williams (lanes 1, 2 & 3)
- Timers Second Half: Ren Kalb & Deirdre Walters (lanes 1 & 2)
- Zookeeper: Paula Harville
- Ribbons: Lee Reese
Ribbons from this season. The league ran out of ribbons and had to reorder them. They came in today and the president has told me she will get them to me tomorrow so I’m working to finish up all the outstanding ribbons for the season (all those first and second placers!!) and bring the ribbon box to Divisionals so you can take them with you. Lee and volunteers from each team will work on the Divisonal ribbons during the meet so I will have them before I leave. (if everything works to plan and the creeks don’t rise. . . ) Thank you for your patience!!
Let me know if you have any other questions. Looking forward to a great morning!