July 29, 2019
- "No Breather" Ice Cream Social will be held on Tuesday, July 30th at 11:30am for any 8 and under who swam a "no breather" in 25 yard freestyle and/or butterfly at a meet! Come and enjoy some ice cream and celebrate this great accomplishment!
- End of Season Celebration: If you have not yet done so, please remember to call the RHCC receptionist no later than August 5th to reserve a spot! The celebration will be held on Sunday, August 11th at 4pm. Also, if you have any photos of your kids that you would possibly like to be in the slide show, please send them to Travis Powell at email@example.com by this Friday August 2nd.
- Practice for the County Swim Meet: will begin on Tuesday, July 30th for all swimmers that have qualified for this meet. See your email and our team website for practice times for each age group.
Congratulations Team Heat on an amazing swim season! We wrapped up our VSA League Championship Meet yesterday in 3rd place! We saw some fast swims, popped times, records go down, hugs, high-fives, and great sportsmanship!
Special congrats to our record breakers, including:
- John McGee (15-18 boys): broke the RHCC Team record for 50 FreeStyle
- CJ Peterson (7/8 boys): broke the VSA Record for the Individual Medley
- Tucker Peterson (15-18 boys): broke the RHCC Team Record for 50 FreeStyle
Also, our VSA League Championship High-Point Winners:
- Clara Peterson (9/10 Girls)
- Addy Vonderahe (11/12 Girls)
Congratulations to everyone on an amazing season full of fast swimming, fun times, and friendships!
In addition, a BIG THANK YOU! to those of you who provided extra help this past weekend in the areas of Timing, Tent and Equipment Take Down, and Stroke and Turn. Also THANK YOU to Jeff Miller (and his patient family) for all his hard work on making this meet possible, and for his committment every year to the upcoming County Championship meet!
RAISE YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR ! Where to begin... As they say, records are made to be broken! Congrats to all of the below swimmers that either broke a pool and/or RHCC Team record during this season:
- Gigi Baldacci (15-18 girls): New RHCC pool and team record for 50 Freestyle and RHCC pool record for 100 Breaststroke. New Woodlands Invitional record for 100 Breaststroke and the 100 IM.
- Ella Besquets (9/10 Girls): New pool record at Roundhill and Crow Canyon in the 50 Backstroke and also a Battle of the Ages record.
- Talia Giannini (15-18 girls): RHCC pool and team record for 50 Freestyle.
- John McGee (15-18 boys): New pool and team record at RHCC and new pool time at Crow Canyon for the 100 Freestyle.
- Tucker Peterson (15-18 boys): New Battle of Ages record for 100 IM and 100 Backstroke.
- Addy Vonderahe (11/12 girls): Battle of the Ages record for 50 Freestyle
Congrats to the following record breaking relay teams:
9/10 Girls: Ella Besquets, Clara Peterson, Reagan Fullerton and Kate Palmer. New pool record at Crow Canyon in 200 Freestyle Relay
15 -18 Boys: Tucker Peterson, Tate Peterson, August Gingrich and John McGee. New pool record at Crow Canyon 200 Freestyle.
RIBBONS & AWARDS: VSA awards are getting placed in the file folders and on the table in the pool breezeway. If there are any issues with awards, mistakes or inaccuracies please email Jeff Miller. File folders will remain in the pool breezeway for the next two weeks for swimmers to pick-up any remaining awards and ribbons. Any and all outstanding medals, ribbons, patches, etc. will be available for pick-up at the end of season celebration. If you are not attending, please coordinate with another family to collect your awards!
PHOTOS: Great photos of our swimmers are being posted on the team's instagram account. If you have an instagram account please follow us @roundhillswimteam! Also, check out our team SmugMug account for access to some amazing photos! Click here to access our smugmug account. Password is teamheat. It will get you excited for our slideshow at our end of season celebration! Again, if you have photos to contribute, please email Travis Powell the files and individuals names in the photos by this Friday August 2nd.
LOST & FOUND: Be sure to check the pool's lost and found for any items that may have been left during practice, swim meets, and the VSA championships. Any items left at practice, at meets, including this weekend's league meet, will be in the RH pool lost and found in the breezeway -- claim your stuff!
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP MEET: Congratulations to ALL of the RHCC swimmers that qualified for the county meet. Emails will be sent to participating families with specifics on the meet and events.
This is the final heat sheet for the season.
Thanks to all our swimmers and parents for your support all season long!