July 29, 2019
Hello EMAC Families,
During our registration for our Spring and Summer Season, we mentioned that August will be taking on a whole new meaning for our club.
All great athletes have an “off-season.” Some Olympic swimmers take 9 months to one year off after the Olympics. However, they DO NOT sit on the couch eating bon-bons and playing fortnite.
Rather, while they recover from an intense 3-year pursuit of excellence which culminates with either the Olympic or Olympic Trials, they invest in other avenues to improve the ability of their bodies and minds.
They take up Yoga, they do Pilates, they improve their diet, they work on mental toughness....they work to imrove the capacity of their bodies to do the things necessary for high performance.
During August, our off-season, we will be:
- Recovering mentally
- Recovering physically
- Investing in new ways to improve our capacity for performance
- Educating athletes, parents, and coaches in areas relevant to performance
- Inviting swimmers, athletes and coaches from PSC and BLUE to join us. When you read through the schedule, it will be evident that all three clubs worked together to make this happen.
We have scheduled professionals to come in and discuss/work with our athletes and parents on the following areas.
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sport Psychology
- Recruiting: NCAA Coach and NCAA Athlete Perspectives
- Perspectives on the commitment level of the best swimmers
Click HERE to see our planned educational/instruction opportunities in August.
Please note the change in practice schedule for August.
On days where we are offering educational opportunities, practice will be 7:00-8:00 am for swimming groups.
On days where we are not offering educational opportunities, practice will be 7:00-8:30 am for all swimming groups.