Wrapping up a fantastic summer season!
July 29, 2019
This weekend at Long Course Age Group Championships demonstrated that our club has really come a long way in the past year! We finished 5th place, which is one spot higher than last year, and we took 50 athletes compared to last year's roster of 31! Along the way we broke a long list of team records, and had a lot of fun!
Our Vikings squad at B Championships also turned in huge improvements and earned several spots on the podium in Pittsburg as well! B Champs results are here: https://www.teamunify.
com/mvjckw/__eventform__/ 1170598_mm7results1%20b% 20champs%202019.pdf
Your coaches want to say thank you to all of the parents who support our club with their volunteer work, and our athletes who bring their enthusiasm to practice every day to do their best to improve for the team! Also a special thank you to those who traveled to Bentonville just to fill relays. They make the championship team experience so much more fun, and we hope your swimmers left the meet wanting to work hard to qualify individually next year!
Coach K will have medals from Long Course Champs at Schiff practice with him tonight. If you scored in the top 8 you should have a medal in the bag. Feel free to stop by and grab them if you are out and about!
Congrats to the following athletes for the Team Records they have broken this season:
- 15-18 boys 50 Freestyle 24.02 Ben Hines
- SR boys 50 Freestyle 24.02 Ben Hines
- 15-18 boys 100 Breast 1:07.63 Brayden Cole
- SR boys 100 Breast 1:07.63 Brayden Cole
- 15-18 boys 100 Fly 58.10 Ben Hines
- SR boys 100 Fly 58.10 Ben Hines
- 10 & Under boys 200 Free Relay 2:59.47 Braxton Triplett, Neil Fritts, Ryder Schafer, Ashan Appuhamy
- 10 & Under boys 200 Medley Relay 3:33.10 Ryder Schafer, Ashan Appuhamy, Neil Fritts, Braxton Triplett
- 11-12 girls 200 Medley Relay 2:24.36 Camryn Klosterman, Natalie Carroll, Sophia Holcomb, Chloe Miller
- 11-12 girls 200 Free Relay 2:09.41 Camryn Klosterman, Sophia Holcomb, Norah Klosterman, Chloe Miller
- 11-12 girls 400 Free Relay 4:45.38 Camryn Klosterman, Sophia Holcomb, Norah Klosterman, Chloe Miller
- 13-14 girls 200 Free Relay 2:01.55 Skylar Powell, Skyler Sundy, Ava Fritts, Sidni Meister
- 13-14 girls 400 Free Relay 4:39.03 Skyler Sundy, Sophia Whitesell, Skylar Powell, Ava Fritts
- 13-14 girls 200 Medley Relay 2:18.92 Sidni Meister, Sophia Whitesell, Skyler Sundy, Skylar Powell
- 15-18 boys 200 Medley Relay 1:52.69 Ben Hines, Brayden Cole, Tristan Clanton, Drew Watts
- 15-18 boys 400 Medley Relay 4:09.47 Ben Hines, Brayden Cole, Tristan Clanton, Drew Watts
- SR boys 200 Medley Relay 1:52.69 Ben Hines, Brayden Cole, Tristan Clanton, Drew Watts
- SR boys 400 Medley Relay 4:09.47 Ben Hines, Brayden Cole, Tristan Clanton, Drew Watts
The season is not quite over yet, as we have many Berzerker swimmers representing their tri-state teams at A Champs this weekend. Our own tri-state Vikings squad is attending with a roster of 30 athletes! We also have Chloe Miller and Sidni Meister representing Team Arkansas at the Central Zone Championships in North Dakota this week, and Ben Hines, Brayden Cole, Tristan Clanton and Drew Watts heading to Indianapolis for Junior Nationals on August 5-10.