July 30, 2019
It's hard to believe it, but summer (and long course season) are just about over! Here's all the news you need to know as we head into our end-of-summer break:
1. Key Announcements:
- August Shutdown Dates -- Our two week August shutdown will take place during the weeks of August 4 and August 11. Our tentative day to start back to the pool is Tuesday, August 20, but expect more updates during the first part of August. We'll be posting information about returning to regular season practice times as we get closer.
- Congrats to Our TAGS and American Long Course Champs Swimmers -- These were high level, very fast meets, and we saw a number of personal bests and finals swims. Way to go!
- Good Luck to Our Futures and Age Group Zones Swimmers -- We've got swimmers going to both meets. Hannah Farmer and Jaelle Carlson are representing the team at the Futures meet in Des Moines, Iowa, and Jackson Beck is part of the North Texas all-star team swimming at the Age Group Southern Zone Championships. Good luck, and swim fast!!
2. Practice Cancellations – There are NO CANCELLATIONS at this time. Your coach will let you know if there are any practice-group specific adjustments to this week’s schedule.
You can always check out the FAST Calendar, available HERE, for an up-to-date list of cancellations and team-related events.
3. Upcoming Swim Meets: The fall schedule is still coming together. Watch this space when we return from our break for further details.
4. Sign up for Team App – Click HERE for instructions for creating an account and linking to the coaching groups. (Consistent with MAAPP, we will not be creating new accounts for under 18 swimmers.) Check it out, and sign up! And, be sure to turn on notifications, so that notices from your coaches pop up on your phone in real time.
See you at the pool!