August 16, 2019
I hope you are all enjoying time with your family, especially those evening dinners! and grass/sand time!!Lots of things have been in the works for our 2019-20 season. If you have paid any attention to the website there are alot of events that will be happening in the next several weeks that will need your participation.
Just a few things that have been going on:
- We have updated Threads Custom Gear offerings with some minor changes-. The store is not open yet. We will open that after September 5th. (thanks to Matt Glenn for managing this again)
- 2019-20 meet schedule-tentative NOW posted on website-(please note that I do not have confirmation on YMCA meets presently. Meets highlighted in yellow, we will definitely enter but of course we don't confirm anything until we hear back from meet hosts)
- Record Boards! yes finally! will be unveiled at our Intra-squad meet on October 3rd . We will have team records for short course and long course. Some records date back to the late 80's!! Thanks to all your dedication to our Swim4Fund$z for making this a reality so we can celebrate the Breakers 45 years! ( thanks for Debbie Ritchie for her many hours of spreadsheet work and Shelly Drew and Enid Hagerty for editing)
- Practice Schedule is posted for all groups
- We have 2 new coaches to add to our coaching family ( as we sadly lost Natalia, as she is attending Oakland Univ beginning Fall- )
- Megan Olsen, who is a lesson instructor with the YMCA and mom to swimmer Maeve. She will be guiding the youngers in RED and coninuing to develop their strokes. She has great energy and is so excited to move into this position.
- Lesli Washington, currently starting a nursing position at Munson next week, just showed up at an open water swim with me last week and POOF!! I find that she swam 4 years at Kalamazoo College( she swam the 50 up to 1,650) and also worked with the Developmental Groups at local club teams. She will work with RED one day and also WHITE I the other. ( she just recently completed the Swim for GT Bay and 2 mile Coastal Crawl in Harbor Springs) She is so ready to come add her talents to our team and she just loves age groupers!!
DATES to NOTE:
- August 19th Returning Swimmer Registration 9:00 am ON SITE AT WEST-ALL PAPERWORK NEEDS TO FILLED OUT (rosters are posted on website)
- August 21st NEW Swimmer Tryouts 9-11 am and 22nd 4-6 pm at WEST
- September 5th at Gilbert Lodge at Twin Lakes Park, Parent Meeting & Potluck 5-7 PM
- September 9th, practice begins for all groups
- September 12th Suit fitting at WEST (RED will swim at WEST that night) 4:30-6:30 pm
- September 21st Dr. Alan Goldberg Peak Peformance and Motivation & swim clinic for 10&u, 11&up & a separate coaches and parent clinic- sign up open at registration
If you have any questions, please reply to this email. I am sure , even having a few eyes on it , that rosters might have a glitch or two. I am so sorry if anyone got left out. Please don't be offended!!! Just communicate with me.
As one of my favorite inspiring people of all time said:
"Make each day your masterpiece "John Wooden,UCLA basketball coach
Go out there and do that !
thanks and have a great day!!