August 20, 2019
PEAQ's Josh Matheny and Coach Dave Schraven are currently in Budapest, Hungary for the FINA World Junior Swimming Championship. Josh is slated to swim the 50m, 100m, and 200m Breast. Coach Dave is an assistant coach for the TEAM USA World Junior Team.
So far on day 1, Josh swam preliminary/semi-final heats of the 100m Breast. Josh currently has the top time heading into tomorrow's 100m Breast Final, setting a USA Swimming National Age Group Record with his 1:00.32 swim. Wednesday's final session starts at 1:30 eastern time.
SWIM SWAM ARTICLE FROM TODAY - JOSH MATHENY OVERTAKES MICHAEL ANDREW’S 100 BREAST NAG FOR 15-16 AMERICAN MEN
Josh's schedule for the rest of the week (being optimistic about semi's and finals):
- 100m Breast Finals - Wednesday (session starts 11:30am eastern - timeline start 12:37pm eastern)
- 200m Breast Prelims (seeded 3rd) - Friday (session starts 3:30am eastern)
- 200m Breast Finals - Friday (session starts 11:30am eastern - timeline start 11:42am eastern)
- 50m Breast Prelims (seeded 11th) - Saturday (session starts 3:30am eastern)
- 50m Breast Semi-Finals- Saturday (session starts 11:30am eastern - timeline start 12:36pm eastern)
- 50m Breast Finals- Sunday (session starts 11:30am eastern - timeline start 12:57pm eastern)
There are several ways to follow Josh this week:
FINA TV - a subscription streaming service (monthly pass $8)