August 22, 2019
Summer has been great and we have had some excellent practices and performances. Things have officially wrapped up and yesterday was the last official day of practice. There will be NO PRACTICE the next week and a half. I hope that everyone can take a breath and get some good rest before school starts up again.
- Coach Al is running swim clinics at the OC pool Group 1:
- 11 w/ A times up to 18 Aug 22, 23, 24, & 26. I believe this is mostly full.
- Group 2: 12 & Under August 27, 28, 29, 30. Space still available! Sign-up by emailing Coach Al at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are starting up again with a team sponsored practice/clinic
on Sept 4,5,6 & 7th. You do not need to sign-up to
participate in this. Just come as if it was practice.
- Wednesday through Friday at Molalla Aquatic Center more experienced swimmers (11 & Up) will go from 5:00 - 6:40 PM and new swimmers (12 & Under will go from 6:30 - 8:00 PM.
- Saturday at Lewis and Clark College the more experienced swimmers will go from 8 - 10 AM and 1 - 3 PM, while the newer swimmers go from 10 - 11:40 AM.
- These practices will be run by Coach Milt Nelms. Here is another bio on Milt.
- Key fall dates include:
- September 10th - Squad parent meetings at OC and Molalla. Schedule to follow. Coaches will be meeting with all the parents in the squad, breaking down practice goals, meets that these athletes will be expected to participate, and answering parent questions.
- September 11th - 13th: Athlete, Parent Coach goal meetings. Where parents can sign-up to have a sit down with the coach and all get on the same page.
- Tentative practice schedules have been posted online.
- Save the dates for these competitions in the fall. Hood River Harvest (Oct 11-13), OC@DD Dual (Afternoon of Oct 26), OC Fall Open (Nov 9-10), BC@OC Dual (Afternoon of Nov 23), and PASL Championships! (Dec 13-15).
Have a great Labor day weekend.