August 27, 2019
NTC Aquatics Team Update
Schedule Change- NTC closed on Labor Day. No practices.
Dryland for Gold/Senior 1/Senior 2- Please be certain that your swimmer bring sneakers every day. Each of these groups will have some form of dryland every day either on deck, in the HP lab, or in the weight room, .
Swim Caps- Now that we are into a new swim year and we are fully stocked with team caps, we are going to start enforcing our cap policies.
- All practices except Wednesdays- Blue or Pink NTC caps.
- Meets- Green NTC caps.
- Wednesdays- Any caps can be worn for "Wacky Cap Wednesdays!"
- Additional team caps are available for $10. See Coach Alex should your swimmer be in need of a cap.
NTC Team Parent Meetings-
- Thursday, Sept 5- 6:00pm-7:00pm.
- Friday, Sept 6- 5:00pm-6:00pm.
All team families are asked to attend one of the two options for our pre-season parent meeting next week. At this meeting you will hear important team info from the coaches and brief presentations about dryland and the importantance of parent volunteers. We will also have information about NTC membership options for swim families.
We have posted our meet schedule for the short course season. On this page under the Swim Meets tab on the website, you will find our planned competitions along with other helpful details. A few notes:
- All team members should plan to attend home meets and parents will need to plan to assist at these meets.
- Silver Group and higher, please plan to attend your swimmer's mid season championship meet- Between December and January there are three of these mid season championship level meets; Jingle Bell Classic in Clearwater, USA Swimming Junior Nationals in Atlanta, Ralph Crocker Classic at Auburn. Junior Nationals is on the schedule for a select few Senior 2 swimmers. The Auburn meet has fairly stiff qualifying times in every event and will be attended by Senior 2 along with some Senior 1 and Gold Group swimmers. The Clearwater meet has qualifying times only in longer events. This meet is meant for all those swimmers from Silver group and higher not qualified for the Auburn meet. Deadlines for these meets will be early as these meets will fill very quickly! The Auburn meet filled in 10 minutes last year! Please be on the lookout for these sign ups in late September/early October. Bronze group swimmers and less experienced swimmers from other groups will have a to be determined, mid season meet opportunity the last weekend of January or first weekend of February.
- Every swimmer should plan to attend their end of season championship meet; either FL Senior Champs, FLAGs or Area 2 Champs. A small number of 14&Under swimmers will additionally have the opportunity to attend a national level meet in St Pete next April, the ISCA Showcase Classic.
- Additonal opportunities to race beside from these meets pop up on the schedule approximately once per month. We'd like to see everyone attend these meets whenever possible. These meets serve as our quizes and progress reports in this sport. But, we understand if families are unable to attend due to other obligations.
- Some of our larger meets fall on holiday weekends this year. We've made note on the schedule of days where we will take advantage of these holidays for post-meet recovery. Please note that not every day off from school means a day off from practice. We will send notice via these team updates should we have any additional days off. We will also use these team updates later in the swim year to provide details on modified practice schedules around bigger holidays and spring break.
- Save the Date- We will be hosting a Fitter and Faster Tour Event on the weekend of Thanksgiving! Be on the lookout for more details!