August 29, 2019
I realize that there's still one precious summer weekend left, but since I intend to make the most of it, I'll take care of business now!
First and foremost, thank you to all of the parents who were able to make it to our Parent Info Meeting last night! We saw a LOT of new faces, and many familiar ones as well! It's shaping up to be a fantastic season!
Big take-aways from the meeting (in case you were unable to make it):
- Registration for the Boosters is open NOW. You should sign up now (even if you don't know what group your child will be placed in) by clicking here.
- Swimmer evaluations for NEW swimmers or returning swimmers who would like to be considered for placement in the next higher group are on September 4, 5 and 6 from 6-8pm at the Farmington YMCA. No appointments are needed. Evaluations should take about 20 minutes.
- Registration for the team must be done in person at the YMCA. (This is different from registering for the Boosters...how is it different? Click here. BOTH registrations must be done to be on the team.) You can print out the YMCA swim team registration forms in advance if you would like, or pick up a copy at the YMCA.
- Make a note of our social events! We do fun things throughout the season to foster great fun outside of the pool as well as during practices. Click here for a calendar!
- Part of our fundraising efforts include
asking local businesses to sponsor our team, in
exchange for advetising through our meet programs at our December
and February meets. Click
here for a printable form and please take to your favorite
- dentists & orthodontists
- doctors & massage therapists
- law offices
- insurance agencies
- restaurants (we can even put coupons in the program!)
- ...and anything else!
- Practice begins Monday, September 9! The practice schedule is found here! You can add a synchronized calendar of the practice schedule to your smart phone by going here and following the instructions.
- The meet calendar is also up on the website and can be found here! Please remember to mark your calendars for OUR HOSTED MEETS on December 7-8 and February 8-9, as all families are expected to volunteer at these meets.
If you have any questions, please peruse the website, or contact us! Have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!