2019 INDIANA SWIMMING SWIMPOSIUM & HOUSE OF DELEGATES WEEKEND
August 29, 2019
2019 INDIANA SWIMMING SWIMPOSIUM & HOUSE OF DELEGATES WEEKEND: SEPTEMBER 27 & 28
NORTH CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL - INDIANAPOLIS
Get ready for all the unique opportunities for Indiana Swimming members during this year's Swimposium and House of Delegates weekend (September 27 & 28) at North Central High School in Indianapolis. There is something for everyone in the Indiana Swimming community at this annual fall weekend of learning and sharing.
House of Delegates Weekend Schedule for Coaches, Athletes, Club Leaders, and Officials: To learn all about the unique programs being offered throughout the weekend, click HERE Online registrations for all the Swimposium programs and HOD are NOW open at this SITE We ask that one person from each team be responsible for registering your club's delegates. Your club must be represented at the HOD meeting on Saturday afternoon to receive the reduced club membership fee from Indiana Swimming.
FRIDAY EVENING PROGRAMS - SEPTEMBER 27:
- USA Swimming Club Leadership & Business Management School (CLBMS): Randy Julian USA Swimming's Central Zone Sport Consultant, will be facilitating USA Swimming's Club Leadership & Business Management School course from 5:00 - 9:00 PM in Room L249 at North Central High School. This is the perfect course for club board members. Bring your entire board and coaching staff for an evening of learning to help transform your club board into a high performing team! Click HERE for more information about the CLBMS program.
- Coach Education & Development: USA Swimming National Team High Performance Consultant Russell Mark will be sharing his expertise on athlete technique and performance with Indiana Swimming coaches on Friday evening from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM in Room L650 at North Central. Read more about the workshop HERE and register now to take part in this invigorating and inspiring evening of learning. A coach social will follow Friday evening's session.
SATURDAY PROGRAMS - SEPTEMBER 28:
- IHSAA Officials Training: Indiana Swimming is partnering with the IHSAA to recruit Indiana Swimming officials to become certified IHSAA officials. More dually-certified officials are needed throughout the state so that our high school Sectional meets can continue to be observed. IHSAA representatives will be present on Saturday morning from 8:00 - 12:00 at North Central to conduct training sessions for our officials. All officials are asked to please consider this unique training opportunity to better serve our HS athletes. To learn more, click HERE
- Workshops with MJ Truex, USA Swimming Senior Director of Education, Programs and Services: MJ Truex will be facilitating various workshops for coaches, athletes, club leaders, and parents throughout the day on Saturday. For a complete listing of those workshops and more information, click HERE
- Coach Programming: Coaches will start the day at 7:30 AM with the Age Group & Senior Committee meetings followed by MJ Truex's presentation on Improving Communication: A Look into Identity at 10:00 AM. Prior to the HOD meeting, coaches are invited to the coach open forum and lunch beginning at Noon.
- Club Leaders Workshop Opportunities: A workshop for Club Registrars will be held in Room L249 from 8:00 AM - 9:45 AM. All club leaders are then invited to MJ Truex's presentation on Improving Communication: A Look into Identity starting at 10:00 AM. Lunch will feature a Safe Sport program. Sign up to attend these learning opportunities.
- Athlete Programming at HOD: Athletes In grades 7-12 should talk to their coaches about representing their club at Saturday's House of Delegates programs. The day will begin with the All-Star Workout at 7:30 AM featuring guest coach Kevin Kinel and Olympians Ryan Held and Kevin Cordes. At the 11:30 Athlete Meeting, athletes will be electing these three athlete representatives to the Indiana Swimming Board of Directors: Junior Athlete Rep and two At-Large Athlete Reps. More information about all the activities for athletes in grades 7-12 can be found HERE For information about the stroke clinic and camp being offered for athletes ages 11-12, visit the Indiana Swimming Camps Page
- 2019 Indiana Swimming House of Delegates & Business Meeting: Delegates to the annual HOD can pick up their packets from 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM in the Student Center at North Central. HOD will begin promptly at 1:30 PM in the North Central Auditorium. One club representative should use this LINK to identify and register all club delegates to HOD no later than 4:00 PM on September 20.
- Volunteer Awards: Be sure to nominate a deserving volunteer to be recognized at the House of Delegates meeting. The deadline to submit nominations is September 7! To learn more about each award and to download the nomination form, click HERE
- Indiana Swimming Board of Directors Elections: Indiana Swimming is seeking energetic volunteer leaders from throughout the state to become candidates for the following board positions: Budget & Finance Vice Chair, Senior Vice Chair, Technical Chair, Secretary, Region 1 Non-Coach Rep, Region 2 Coach Rep, Region 3 Non-Coach Rep, and Region 4 Coach Rep. To learn more about these opportunities and/or to have your name placed on the ballot, please email Brad Dumbauld Athlete and Coach Representatives to the Indiana Swimming Board will be elected at their respective meetings.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AT THE
SWIMPOSIUM & HOUSE OF DELEGATES WEEKEND AT