September 1, 2019
We are so excited to get rolling on the short course season! There are a lot of different things happening as we get started with the season so we want to make sure that everyone knows the schedule.
MILT NELMS CLINIC INFORMATION September 4th– 7th:
- Sept 4th– 6thWednesday, Thursday, and Friday at Molalla - Clinic with World-renowned clinician Milt Nelms. More experience 11 & Overs (11 year old A times) go 5:00 – 6:40 PM. 12 (Less experienced) & Under swimmers go 6:30 – 8:00 PM. We know it is a little bit of a strange time, however, we have A LOT of athletes in different school districts that get out a strange times. This way we can include as many people as possible in this special learning opportunity.
- Saturday, September 7th at Lewis and Clark– SLIGHT CHANGE HERE to the schedule! The more advanced group goes 9:00 – 10:45 AM and 1:15 – 3:15 PM. While the developing group goes 10:45 AM – 12:15 PM.
- CAR POOL FORM – I know it’s short notice. For those that are willing to carpool from the Clackamas, West Linn and Oregon City areas and have open seats or need a ride. Please fill out this form HERE. You can add any notes or thoughts on the end. Practices won't exactly be starting right after school so groups may decide on a different meeting or starting location. I’ll send out information on the carpools midday Tuesday so we can have everything squared away by Wednesday.
SQUAD PARENT MEETINGS September 10th:
- The goal here is to make sure all the parents have their questions answered and we are all on the same page with expectations for practices and swim meets.
- Oregon City Site: Right now the meetings are tentatively
scheduled to be in the Oregon City Pool Community room.
- Race/ Train/ Perform 5:00 – 5:45 PM
- Sprint 5:45 – 6:15 PM
- Novice/ Explore 6:15 – 6:45 PM
- Molalla Site:
- All groups currently set up for 6:15 – 6:45 PM waiting for confirmation on the Molalla community room.
Team Building Dry-land Camp September 12th– 13th:
- The Team Building Dry-land camp is at Rivercrest Park in Oregon City from 4:30 – 6:00 weather permitting. We bring the athletes together to get them to know their teammates from young to old and build relationships. We do fitness development and activities designed to build community within the team. We strongly encourage athletes to find a way to participate!
Athlete/ Parent/ Coach Goal meetings September 10th– 13th:
- In these meetings we are creating an opportunity for athletes to let their coach know their goals and athletes, parents and coaches all on the same page.
- You can sign-up for the different meetings depending on group for the OC Site and all parents can meet with Coach Josh at the Molalla pool or at Rivercrest Park during the Team Building.
Normal practice schedule restarts on Monday September 16th!