September 3, 2019
Swimming Officials: Class Registration, Procedures and Schedule
All Swim Officials Students will need to create a profile on the YMCA Exchange then register for the Swim Officials class on-line. To do so:
- Click here to create your profile. If you are a Y employee or previously took an officials class, you may already have a profile set up. Use your existing account. Follow the prompts to provide all information asked for.
- Click on Create Account. The system will send you a temporary password to be used to log in the first time. At that time you will be prompted to change your password and specify which YMCA you are affiliated with.
- This will bring you to the Welcome page. Click on My Profile. This will allow you to input all your personal information needed for registering for a class.
- Click on Edit Contact Info for Learning & Career Development Center. Fill in all required fields. Where it asks for Supervisor put in name and email address of your head coach. Once completed, click on DONE.
- Click on HOME.
- This will bring you back to the Welcome page. Click on Learning & Career Development Center (LCDC).
- Select the link on the following page for the class you want to register for.
- The course specifics will be displayed. Confirm this is the class level and location you are looking for. If everything is correct, click on Register for Class at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm the class and select Next.
- Confirm your personal information and click on Next. You may need to edit your profile to fill in missing information.
- The next page is the payment page. Do not try to pay on-line!. Bring cash or check (made out to Nancy Pressly) to the class Click Next. This will complete your registration.
If completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email. Questions or problems, contact Nancy Pressly, or 301-908-8723
Level 1 Class - This course is designed to train participants as swim officials for YMCA Competitive Swimming in the areas of Stroke and Turn Judge, Relay Take-off Judge, Place Judge and Timer. The course focuses on the specific duties and responsibilities of the above officials prior to, during and after a swim meet. The course also reviews the facilities requirements for a meet, swimmer eligibility, and the roles of Chief Judge, Starter and Referee. Successful completion of a written examination is required to pass the course.
Level 2 Class - This course is designed to certify or recertify participants to be Swim Officials for YMCA Competitive Swimming in the areas of Referee, Starter and Chief Judge. The course focuses on the specific duties and responsibilities of the above officials prior to, during and after a swim meet. The course also reviews the facilities and staffing requirements for a meet, rules for swimming various strokes, matters relating to eligibility and other key roles of the official. Successful completion of a written examination is required to pass the course.
Course participants desiring initial certification must have been a fully certified YMCA Level I or USA-S official for at least one year. In addition, they must provide a copy of their YMCA Level I Certification or USA-S Official designation and documentation that they have served a minimum of 8 sessions as a fully certified YMCA and/or USA-S Swim Official.
Administrative Official - This course is designed to certify administrative (dry deck) swim officials for the YMCA of the USA’s Competitive Swimming Program. The course focuses on the specific duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Swim Official prior to, during and after a meet. The course also briefly reviews for the participants the facilities and staffing requirements for a meet, including matters relating to eligibility to participate in and entry into the meet. Successful completion of a written examination is required to pass the course.
Level 1 – September 22, 11:00 – 3:00 Reston YMCA
Level 2 – September 22, 1:30 – 5:30 Reston YMCA
Level 1 – September 28, 9:30 – 1:30 Pasadena YMCA
Level 2 – September 28, 12:00 – 4:00 Pasadena YMCA
Administrative Official – September 29, 1:00 – 4:00 Pasadena YMCA
Level 1 – October 12, 9:30 – 1:30 Annapolis YMCA
Level 2 – October 12, 12:00 – 4:00 Annapolis YMCA
Reston YMCA - 12196 Sunset Hills Rd, Reston, VA 20190-5840
Pasadena YMCA - 26 Magothy Beach Road, Pasadena, MD 21122
Greater Annapolis YMCA - 1209 Ritchie Hwy, Arnold, MD 21012