September 4, 2019
Connecticut Swimming 12 & Under
Age Group Tech Suit Restriction Policy
Effective September 1, 2019. Approved by the May 14, 2019 House of Delegates
1. Swimmers 12 years old and younger may not compete in a “Tech Suit” in a Connecticut Swimming, Inc. sanctioned or approved competition. A "Tech Suit" is defined as a suit that has bonded seams, kinetic tape, or meshed seams. A list of tech suits as of January 1, 2018 is listed on the following page.
2. The swimmer’s age for the meet will be his/her age as of the first day of the meet.
3. There is no “Tech Suit” restriction for swimmers age 13 & over.
4. "Tech Suits" are defined as a suit that has Bonded Seams, Kinetic Tape, or Meshed Seams.
5. If the tech suit policy is found to have not been followed, the swimmer will be disqualified from any event in which he/she competed in the suit. However, they are able to change into an acceptable suit to swim. No extra time before their race will be given to change suits. (If there is any question about a suit, it should be addressed to the meet referee prior to the start of the session.)
TECH SUIT RESTRICTED LIST as of 1/1/2018 SUBJECT TO CHANGE:
BLUE SEVENTY: *NERO *R10
JAKED: *J12 WATER ZERO *LIMITED EDITION J11 STEEL *J11 WATER *ZERO *JKATANA *JKEEL *JRUSH
SPEEDO: *LZR X *LZR ELITE *LZR ELITE 2
TYR: *TRACER SERIES *AVICTOR *AVICTOR PRELUDE *AP12 COMPRESSION
NIKE: *NIKE SWIM NG
ARENA: *POWERSKIN *ALL ARENA CARBON SERIES (AIR, PRO, ETC)
DOLFIN: *TITANIUM AQUASPHERE MP EXPRESSO
ADIDAS: * ADIZERO
HUUB FINA TECHNICAL
COMPETITION SUITS NOT RESTRICTED (Classic hip cut or kneeskin)
SPEEDO: *AQUABLADE (male & female) *POWER PLUS (female) *FASTSKIN 2/FSII (male & female) *LZR PRO (male & female)
TYR: *FUSION 2 *THRESHER
DOLFIN: *GRAPHLITE SERIES *LTF PRO SERIES *PLATINUM 2 PRO
ARENA ST (male & female)