September 9, 2019
CE Aquatics Weekly Newsletter
Week of 9/9/19
- Normal Practice schedule this week, no cancelations
- We will have practice this Saturday, 8-10 AM at Euclid.
The following meets are posted, and entires are open:
- Oct 5: CE vs Geauga Otters @ US - We will kick off the season with a home dual meet against the Geauga Otters. THis is a fun, low pressure meet that includes the whole team. Let's kick off the season with a strong showing! Entries Due: September 29
- Oct 12-13: CCS Age Group & Open @ Canton McKinley - First Invitational of the season at Canton McKinley High School! Also our first big meet in out CE Aquatics caps!!! Perfect for the whole team, no time standards. Let's see how our training is progressing and set a great baseline for the season! Entries Due: September 22
- Oct 19: Peg Neal Pentathlon@ Lakewood HS - One of most fun meets of the season! A short, one day meet just a short jog down the shoreway. All swimmers swim 5 events: one of each stroke (50's for 12 & Unders, 100's for 13 & Overs) and an IM (100 for 12 & Unders, 200 for 13 & Overs). This a great, fun challenge early in the season and perfect opportunity to knock out almost all of the IMR events in one meet! Entries Due: September 22
Oct 20: Mile Meet @ Twinsburg Rec -
One of the few opportunities to swim the mile this season, and a great low pressure environment to swim the event for newbies! Let's go show the district that "training to race" doesn't preclude the distance events. FYI: All swimmers in Coach Steve's ADV/PreSr/Sr group are expected to swim both the 1650 at least once this season. This is a great chance to knock it out early before the mile mysteriously appears in your meet lineup later in the season! Entries Due: September 29
Snorkels for the Euclid Advanced/PreSr/Sr Group
If you are in the ADV-Sr group at Euclid, you will need to purchase a snorkel. These are a valuable training aid that we use frequently. Don't break the bank on anything fancy, something like this will do just fine.