September 10, 2019
Welcome back Neptune Swim Family!
A few reminders as the swim season is now underway-
- We are renters at both Ridgway and the JC. Please help us remain in good standing with our facility partners by minimizing our trash footprint at both facilities in the locker rooms and in the bleachers.
- Locker room behavior should be calm, efficient and quick. Locker rooms are to be used for showering and getting dressed. Absolutely no playing the locker rooms - playing can take place in out front of both facilities in the grass area (under the supervision of your parent).
- Leave all valuables at home or in your parent's car. We can not control 100% of the traffic that comes into these facilities and things often get taken. Your best way to avoid theft is to leave it somewhere safe.
- If parents wish to speak to their swimmer's coach, please until after practice or send an email. We need the coach to have full attention on the water for safety and best coaching practices. You can find coaches emails here.
- The pool deck is for athletes and coaches only. Parents and any other spectators are required to remain int he bleachers. Parents can use the pool deck to access the locker rooms and to assist their swimmers in getting showered and dressed, but while the athlete is in the water for practice, everyone needs to be off the deck.
- Neptune Swimming Team Store through Swim Outlet. The online store is set up with team embroidered items that all members should own - athletes & family members. In addition, the online store is separated into training groups and the gear that is required for those groups.
Important upcoming dates -
9/11 and 9/12 - New member meetings (this is NOT for entry-level members)
10/8 - Picture day - click here for more information.
10/15 - Awards Banquet
Family Obligation Reminder -
This a friendly reminder that the following groups will be responsible for the full Neptune Swimming Family Obligations (see below) -Eilte, Black, Blue, White, Gold, Silver, Red 1, Red 2, Bronze 1, Bronze 2, Bronze 3, Green 2, Seahorse 1, and Seahorse 2.
Family Volunteer Obligation - Swimming is a volunteer sport - it literally can not happen without parental support. Each SRN family is required to volunteer a minimum of 24 hours per year. These hours are accrued from the first day of membership at a rate of 2 hours per month. You can also earn credit by bringing in corporate sponsors.
Annual Fundraising Obligation is required by each family. Amount due is based on the number of family members participating with Neptune Swimming. 1 child = $150 / 2 children = $200 / 3+ children = $250. The Swim-A-Thon is held once a year in May. Funds raised will be due on May 25th.