September 10, 2019
The Elmbrook Swim School is currently seeking motivated Elmbrook athletes age 16&O to become instructors for our Elmbrook Swim School.
Job announcement below. If interested please contact Anne Leupold.
Swim School Instructor
Session 1 - September 21st - October 12th, 2019
Session 2 - November 23rd - December 21st, 2019 (no class November 30th)
Session 3 - January 11th - February 8th, 2020 (no class January 18)
8:45 am – 11:45 am
Under the direction of the EBSC Swim School Supervisor and in accordance with the EBSC Swim School Instructors Manual Instructors will provide direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for students in swimming classes and act as a liaison and champion for the EBSC Mission Statement “Empowering community members to achieve excellence in life through swimming.”.
1) Implement daily lessons plans as prescribed in the EBSC Swim School Instructors Manual in a positive and safe manner.
2) Attend all scheduled class sessions in a prompt manner.
3) Communicate with Supervisor, Instructors, and Participants in a professional manner.
4) Dress appropriately and professionally for aquatic lesson environment.
5) Maintain orderly and clean lesson station.
1) Applicants must be 16 years of age.
2) Ability to teach and lead specific skills and activities in the water.
3) Ability to implement daily lesson plans as prescribed in the Instructors Manual.
4) Ability to instruct in a positive and encouraging manner.
5) Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
6) Ability to be prompt and responsible for all assigned sessions.
7) Participation and satisfactory completion of all required in-service training.
Applicants are encouraged but not required to have the following certifications: Lifeguard Training, CPR, First Aid, WSI.