September 10, 2019
Twas the day before Short Course Season starts….
I apologize a head of time for the lengthy email but we have a lot of information to cover! So please bear with me!
COMING AND GOING . . . every practice. Please make sure you sign your child in and out to ensure your swimmer’s safety. When practice is over, you must be in the YMCA aquatics area (the viewing area) ready to pick up your swimmer. Please make sure that every swimmer is signed in and out so we have record of who is at practice. The YMCA’s policy is that NO child may enter or stay in the building alone if they are under the age of 13. If your swimmer is under the age of 13 you MUST bring your swimmer in and sign them into practice, and you MUST come in the YMCA to sign them out! Per policy, if your child is not picked up at the end of practice, your account will be charged a late fee in the amount of $1.00 per minute/per child until your child is picked up. Please also keep in mind that this applies if practice is cancelled due to inclement weather (ex: lightning/thunder).
- The first groups practicing from 5-6 will meet out in the viewing area to stretch. Please have your swimmers dressed in their suits but they will be stretching on dryland before going into the pool
- The coaching staff is asking that our swimmers do not come to the pool early to “play” before practice. We do not want our swimmers to be tired before practice starts.
- 6PM is when our younger groups finish practice and our older swimmers are getting ready to start.
- If your swimmer has any medical condition that may require emergency medication (ex: asthma inhaler) please send that in a Ziploc bag with their name on it and we will have a box on the deck for the medication to be kept.
- The coaches would be happy to discuss any concerns with your swimmer, but during practice time is not the best time. During practice all coaches are focused on helping your swimmers. Please contact the coach a minimum of 15 mins. prior to or after scheduled practice, send an email or there will be a coach’s file in “The Box” that is in the viewing area. Each swimmer will have a file with their name on it. Please leave a note for the coach and we will address it after practice.
- What to bring to practice: Swim suit, goggles, swim cap(If needed), water bottle, fins ( please ask if you are unsure about the type of fins to have for your swimmers)
Wavemakers Dates to know:
9/11 – First Practice – ALL Groups will meet in the Viewing Area for practice!
9/20 – Oct Open Entries Due in Team Unify
9/25 - SWIM TEAM GEAR . . . B & B Aquatics will be selling suits and gear. They will be set up from 4:30-6:30. So please arrive EARLY to practice so that everyone has time to be fitted and will also get their time in the pool for practice. We require a Wavemakers team suit and Wavemakers swim cap to be worn for our meets. So, B & B Aquatics will be at the Y selling team suits. Our swim caps are $15 available at the front desk. We will be offering a chance to order personalized caps this year. A minimum of 2 of the same first or last name must be order. We highly recommend purchasing flippers and a mesh bag for your swimmer. Also, as a member of the Wavemakers, you can receive a discount from B & B for the whole season your gear! Personalized cap orders due 9/30 and they will NOT be in for the first meet.
9/29 – No Practice – Coaches have a mandatory Meeting
9/30 – Personalized Cap orders due! We only make one order a year!
10/6 – TCAY October Open Meet
10/6 - No Sunday practice
10/19 – Dual Meet @ FRAY – Afternoon meet
11/10 – TCAY All Around
11/10 – No Sunday Practice
11/13 – Team Picture Day
11/15 – 11/16 – Gobbler Games
11-27 – 12/1 – No Practice – Thanksgiving Break
12/7 – Dual Meet @ FRAY – Afternoon Meet
12/15 – Tentatively @ 2nd annual Reindeer games – This may change
12/21 – Santa in Mexico Meet – Mexico Mo
12/22 – Last Practice of 2019
1/11 – WCFY Icebreaker Invitational – Home Meet
1/12 – No Practice
1/17 – 19 – YOSI Invitational, Belleville IL
1/19 – No Practice
2/7 – 2/9 – Tom and Becky Invitational Hannibal, Mo
2/9 – No Practice
2/15 – Kirkwood Last Chance Meet
3/6 – No Practice
3/6-3/8 – Regional Championships - ALL SWIMMERS ATTEND!
3/8 – No Practice
3/18 – Last Practice
3/20 – 3/22 – Area Championships - 1 relay per gender and age group can attend!
More details to come soon…
DIVE PRACTICE . . . DATE AND TIME WILL BE RELEASED SOON. It’s a must and mandatory! All NEW team members have to attend this practice. It is a YMCA policy that we have to make sure that our swimmers can safely dive into the water and before they can go off the blocks. Swimmers who have not had this training will not be allowed to dive during practice or at meets. Please make sure you clear your schedule and attend this clinic. I will get out this information out as soon as I have a date and time confirmed. This practice will be held at STLCC- Meramec and new swimmers will need to sign up on Team Unify so we can plan accordingly for practice.
Parent Meeting - Tentatively 9/22 – I am confirming the date and time right now but we will have the meeting in the theater. ALL families must send a representative for this meeting!
Please let me know if you have any questions! I know that was a lot of information!
See you at the pool soon!