September 16, 2019
This was an anonymous note passed on to me by Coach Lisa. I thought it was terrific and wanted to share it with our entire team.
SWIMMING NOT ONLY BUILD CHARACTER, IT'S TESTS IT
One of my friends asked "Why do you pay so much money for your kids to Swim?"
Well I have a confession to make, I don't pay for my kids Swim. Personally, I couldn't care less about the pool.
So, if I am not paying for Swimming what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they want to quit but don't.
- I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are "too tired" to go the pool but go anyway.
- I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined.
- I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body.
- I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be good team mates.
- I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don't get that place or PB they'd hoped for, but still have to work hard.
- I pay for my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create a champion, and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships.
- I pay so that my kids can be in the pool instead of in front of a screen...
...I could go on but, to be short, I don't pay for swimming I pay for the opportunities that it provides my kids with to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!
original author unknown