September 19, 2019
Take your marks…. And the 2019 – 2020 swim season has started!! Welcome back everyone and welcome to the new swimmers and their families!
We have an exciting year of swimming ahead of us especially with some of our very own Bluephins attending the Olympic Trials in March/April.
The website is your “go to” place for information about a number of things including training schedule, swim meet schedule and expectations for each group. Check out the newsletters from previous months and years for great information about goal setting, nutrition and Bluephins’ accomplishments.
We have a few activities planned to kick start the year and encourage you to participate:
- Kick-off the new season breakfast social: October 19 from 8:15 – 9:30 am and at the Bell Aliant Centre. Join us upstairs in the viewing section for some coffee and goodies.
- Group meetings: to be scheduled the week of September 30/October 1. Meet your swimmer’s coach and the club’s Head Coach and learn about the year planned for your swimmer.
- Annual General Meeting: November 13 from 6:15 – 7:00 pm and at the Bell Aliant Centre’s Multipurpose Room.
The Charlottetown Bluephins cannot function without the countless volunteer hours that we need from all the Bluephin families.
A few ways you can help:
- Serve on the Board of Directors. We are seeking new board members. Interested?
- At swim meets: timing, stroke and/or turn inspector, hospitality, and planning our hosted swim meets.
- Leading or helping on one of the following: Merchandise or Fundraising activities
- Team photographer: enjoy taking pictures? We are searching for a team photographer who can collect all our memories of the swim season.
Please contact Christine at email@example.com or by telephone: 902.388.4789 if you can volunteer and help out.
We look forward to a fun season of swimming. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any comments and/or questions.
GO BLUEPHINS GO!!