September 29, 2019
LA/MAC Winter Is Coming Preliminary Meet Information
September 29, 2019
Cecil Aquatic Center
13611 Normandy Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32221
Heat Sheets – CLICK HERE
Please have a copy of the heat sheet with you at the meet (printed or electronic).
This is a TEAM HOSTED Event. We need your help to run a
great meet for your swimmers.
Job Sign Up can be found HERE. We need timers and safety marshals for three separate sessions this weekend. These hours will go to your required team service hours.
Session 1 Volunteer Timer Meeting will be at 8:20am.
Session 2 Volunteer Timer Meeting at 11:00am.
Session 3 Volunteer Timer Meeting at 12:40pm.
We are in a real need of safety marshals (just make sure that
spectators don’t go behind the blocks, enforce the no
photography zones, etc) for all sessions and timers for the short
Session 2 and a few more timers for Session 3. Safety
Marshals please check in with Coach Hulvey upon arrival.
Session 2 is a 30 minute session 20minutes after the conclusion of Session 1 13&Older. Senior swimmers needing to get volunteer hours – this could be a perfect fit for you! Please sign up online.
Timeline and Warm Up Schedule
Session 1 (13&Older)
Warm Up – 7:30am
Start Time – 9:00am
Running 6 Lanes for competition in Session 1.
Session 2 (8&Under)
Warm Up – 11:00am
Start Time – 11:30am
Running 6 Lanes for competition in Session 2.
Session 3 (Open)
Warm Up – 12:15pm
Start Time – 1:15pm
Running 8 Lanes for competition in Session 3.
Meet Conclusion: 3:30pm
As usual, if your swimmer elects to wear a cap it MUST be a
Loggerhead team cap.
Sunday – Green TShirts
What Coaches Expect
- We ask that ALL swimmers be on time for warm ups, please arrive to the venue 10min prior to the posted warm up time.
- Swimmers should see their group coach 10-15minutes before their event and then see them immediately after they swim.
- Swimmers may be instructed to warm up before events or warm down after events. This depends on the swimmers group level. Please listen to what your group coach tells you to do. Parents, please do not coach in the warm up and warm down pool.
- Our older swimmers should always be wearing SHOES at swim meets – younger swimmers may want to start getting used to this.
- All Loggerhead swimmers MUST be wearing a Loggerhead Team Cap if they elect to wear a cap at the meet.
Meet Specific Information
- Ample bleacher seating, especially for this size of meet and length of meet. Chairs are optional, tents are not necessary.
- Warm Up and Warm Down will be available on the deep end course. No horseplay in this area.
- Hospitality will be available for purchase through the meet.
- We strive to sit together as a team.
Let’s GO LOGGERHEAD!
-The Loggerhead Coaching Staff