Team Email - It's October 3rd!
October 3, 2019
Welcome to fall! We are so excited to get going with racing this weekend at the Frenzy – it’ll be a fun weekend. Here’s 10 things for October 3rd to get the 10th month of 2019 off on a great start!
- Breast Cancer Fundraising –
Karen Dove Cabral
- We will be selling pink caps to raise money for the Karen Dove Cabral Foundation, which helps local families fighting Breast Cancer with their day-to-day needs. This is a foundation that is near to my heart, as my best friend passed away at 26 from Breast Cancer in 2006 and organizations like Dove Cabral were integral in helping her & her family maintain a sense of normalcy.
- Pink Caps will be sold at the announcer’s table for a suggested minimum donation of $5 cash but all cash donations will welcome. Last year we raised $900 – let’s see if we can hit $1000!
- Safe Sport –
USA Swimming has a Safe Sport Certification for teams, and we would
like to earn this certification, however we need your help in
making our team a safe space for our athletes!!
- Parent Safe Sport Training – We STRONGLY recommend all parents take the Safe Sport Training Course. While it does take about an hour, you’ll learn some valuable information about what falls under Safe Sport and how you can help our team be a safe space. CLICK HERE for that resource.
- Athlete Safe Sport Training – Athletes 12-17 have a resource as well that we encourage them to take – perhaps with their parents. It covers everything from abuse to bullying. CLICK HERE for that resource. Once an athlete turns 18, they will be required to take a much longer course to maintain eligibility.
- Team Caps
- Team Caps have arrived and will be distributed at the meet this weekend. Any athlete not at the meet, will get a cap at practice next week!
- We have chosen to discontinue named team caps to encourage a full commitment to the NTA team. Should your athlete lose a cap, please let us know and we will help reconnect them with a cap. This also promotes the current team name and team logo.
- Chicago Wolves
- November 30th – Night at the Chicago Wolves! CLICK HERE to Register or find more information – they will be recognizing all Olympic Trial Qualifiers from Illinois at the game plus you get a Wolves Swim Cap AND baseball cap.
- Please remember to label all equipment.
- If you choose to leave gear/bags in the locker room, please make sure to have a lock on the locker.
- Remind your athletes to respect each other’s belongings. We have had some locker room incidents lately that we cannot have continue.
- JCC. – Please make sure to check in at the front desk. They have increased security at this facility and we need to be respectful of their protocol.
- Please make sure all athletes rinse off prior to workouts at all facilities to ensure a clean pool environment.
- State Meet
- CLICK HERE for information on the State meet hotel and State meet time standards. Please book early if your athlete is aiming to qualify for this meet. It is in Elkhart, IN, so pre-planning for travel is important.
- Lesson Protocol
- Athletes may only book ONE lesson per weekend. We have had some athletes book multiple spots and limiting the ability of the team and coaches to work in a positive environment
- If you book a swim lesson or clinic spot, and you are unable to attend, please cancel 24 hours in advance so that coaches can offer spots to other athletes. Failure to do so will result in a full charge of the lesson and repeated offense will result in termination of lesson privileges.
- We are excited to partner with Cyclebar Evanston again this year!
- CLICK here for more information on some great discounts available to NTA families!
- Cool video – Watch Simone Manuel win a World Championship & sets the American Record from Lane 1. If you have a lane, you have a chance!