October 3, 2019
October SHARK BITES!
(Little Nibbles of Important Information)
*NO Noon Time Masters (Adults) Practices on Friday, October 11th!
The Campus is closed from 7:00 am until 2:00 pm on Friday October 11th!
*SHARK and Halloween Costume Races on Friday, October 25th!
Our Annual SHARK and Halloween Costume RACES will be on Friday, October 25th! Warm-up is 5:00 pm and we’ll Start at 5:30 pm. Please watch for the sign-up announcement later this month! Start getting your “SCARY water durable” costumes ready for this exciting “not-to-miss” annual event! Details will be in the RACES announcement!
*NO Practice OR CE Lessons after 5:00 pm on Thursday, October 31st!
There will NOT be any Practices and/or lessons after 5:00 pm on Thursday, October 31st; It’s gonna be way too scary to swim!!!
*Our ”Fall Back” Schedule Starts on Monday, November 4th!!!
We "FALL BACK" (return) to our regular practice and lesson schedule on Monday, November 4th! CE Classes normally prior to 5:00 pm resume, but all CE lesson groups after 5:00 pm remain the same! The Great White SHARK, Hammerhead 1 & 2 groups resume their 3:30 pm start time (although they may start the early time sometime the week prior!). Blue and Dusky SHARKS resume their 5:30 and 6:30 start times!
*Upcoming Fall Events:
· October 18-20: Gulliver Fall Invite (14 & under SOFLO swimmers)!
· Various Dates End of October: High School District Championships!
· Friday, October 25th: AquaKids SHARK and Halloween Costume RACES!
· Saturday, October 26th: SOFLO Fall Picnic (SOFLO Swimmers - following AM practice)!
· Various Dates Beginning of November: High School Region Championships!
· November 8 & 9: Florida High School Class 2A & 1A State Championships!
· November 15th: SHARK Races!
· November 15 & 16: Florida High School Class 4A & 3A State Championships!
· November 15-17: Pompano Turkey Classic (SOFLO registered swimmers)!
· November 22-23: TYR-SOFLO Last Chance and Winter Classic (SOFLO registered swimmers)!
· November 27th: AquaKids Annual Turkey Shoot Practice!
· AquaKids Annual SHARK and Reindeer RACES – TBA!
· December 11-14: USA Swimming Junior National Championships!
· December 12-15: Plantation Swim Team Winter Championships!
· December 21: Tentative SOFLO Holiday Party!
· December 21 – January 4: CE Lesson Break and SHARKS Winter Training!
*Goggles & Caps:
We still have a small supply of goggles available for purchase in the pool office! Goggles are $10 cash while the supply lasts. The AquaKids SHARKS bathing caps (latex & small supply of silicone) are also available in the office!
*Swimmer Equipment and the Equipment Shed:
The Equipment Shed is remaining relatively clean and organized, THANK YOU! Please remember, all equipment MUST be hung on a hook at the end of your practice. We are not responsible for equipment left at the pool or in the shed!
*GETTING TO KNOW YOUR SHARKS!
All our Continuing Education (“CE”) and Swim Team (AquaKids SHARKS) groups have SHARK names.
ANGEL SHARKS are Coach Kevin’s groups that operate in the shallow end of lane 6!
LEOPARD SHARKS are Coach Sara & Coach Kevin's groups run in lane 6 at the flags in the shallow end!
SAND SHARKS are Coach Noah, Coach Hannah and Coach Louann’s groups who start from the starting block end of lane 6!
BULL SHARKS are Coach Noah and Coach Hannah’s groups that swim in Lane 1 (closet to the bleachers)!
AquaKids SHARKS SWIM TEAM:
BLUE SHARKS are Coach Noah’s groups who usually swim in Lane 2!
MAKO SHARKS are Coach Issy’s group who practice usually in Lanes 3, 4, & 5 (5:30-7:30)!
HAMMERHEAD SHARKS swim with Coach Issy in Lane 1, 3:30-5:00 PM!
HAMMERHEAD 2 SHARKS swim with Coach Lou and Coach Issy in Lanes 2 & 3, 3:30-5:30 PM!
GREAT WHITE SHARKS are Coach Lou’s group who practice M/T/TH 3:30-6:30 pm (pool & weight room); W 3:30-5:30 pm; Friday 3:30-5:00 pm and 5:00 -6:30 am on M/W/F on Saturday mornings as scheduled.
WHALE (& BASKING) SHARKS are the adult groups who practice MWF anytime between 5:00 & 7:00 am; MWF between 11:30 am to 1:00 pm; and most Saturday mornings, 7:00-8:00 am!
*THANK YOU for being a member of our program!
GO SOFLO SHARKS!!!