October 9, 2019
Weekly Update 10-9-19
*** REMINDER – Parents / Grandparents / Legal Guardians / Babysitter’s are NOT allowed to be on the pool deck or in the locker rooms at any time during swim practices unless in the case of an emergency that a coach calls them down onto the deck. This is an insurance liability so please, if you must speak with or give your swimmer something, get their coaches attention and the coach can assist.
Upcoming Meetings / Dates:
- Picture Day – Wednesday, October 9 @ 5:15 in the pool
- Swimmers need to be early for this so plan to get there at 5:00 at the latest. We will do a team picture first and then individuals after that. Legends Photography will provide us forms as well as an online pre-order link to order all the pictures you’d like to pass out to friends and family
- Forms will be available at the pool to select your picture package
- Click the following link if you would like to PRE-ORDER a package and not have to fill out the forms once you arrive…. Here is the link for this year's picture day On Line Pre Order site: URL Link: https://preorder. groupphotographers.com/?wo= 702289
- Officials Stroke & Turn Clinic – October
10th @ Highland HS
- 6:00-8:00 pm
- RSVP to Art Armstrong at email@example.com
- Clinic will take place in Highland High School
- Follow Up NEW Parent meeting – Friday, October 11 @ 5:30
in the LGI Room
- Topics: How to sign up for meets and volunteer, where to find things on the website, expectations of the swimmers and coaches, and answer any questions that you have
- MOCK MEETS scheduled!! - UPDATE
- We have scheduled one day to run our seasonal Mock Meet for all of our Bronze and Silver group swimmers to get a feel for the sights and sounds of a swim meet.
- Please make sure to have your swimmers at their regularly scheduled practice time on October 10th for this special practice
Upcoming Deadlines / Meet Sign Ups:
- CPSC TYR Tim Hamelin SYOA Fall Invitational @ Crown Point High
- Deadline to register, either commit, decline, or adjust, is Friday, October 25th
- This meet is open to ALL of our club swimmers and ENCOURAGED for all
- CPSC vs DUNE Dual meet has been scheduled for Thursday, October 24th at Crown Point High School. Once the meet event line up has been agreed upon, sign ups will be opened up and posted. Please look for follow up emails.
- As of right now, the boy’s locker rooms will remain closed for the rest of this week. If you were at the parent meeting on Monday, we discussed possible solutions to keeping them closed all season. The best solution right now is to partially reopen them next Monday with very limited access. They will be open from 5:00-5:15, then again from 6:10-6:25, then again from 6:45-6:55, and finally from 8:15-8:45 pm. Other than those times it will be locked. The boys will need to be very quick about showering and dressing. Coaches will allow the boys to use the restroom in the coach’s office as needed as long as it is not abused. We will be asking for pairs of father / male volunteers who have gone through the MAAPP process to do sweeps of the locker rooms to make sure no further abuse continues. If there is any further abuse, locker rooms WILL be closed permanently unless the culprit comes forward or can be / is identified. Please direct any further questions to Coach John.
- Any 2nd season swimmers need to see Coach John, this week, to receive their kickboards and pull buoy’s if they have not already done so. This is a one-time distribution to swimmers. If swimmers lose or destroy what they have already been given it is up to them to replace.
- NEW swimmers who have not yet received their mesh bags and team caps can see Coach John this week and next to pick those up. They are FREE to the swimmers and this first cap is at no charge. Additional caps are ….. $6 for latex / $12 for silicone
- REMIND APP Sign up Instructions
- I'm using Remind to as another avenue to get last second updates to all members. Remind is a free service that allows you to get messages directly on your phone.
- Joining my class (@jkrick) on Remind is easy. You can choose
whether you prefer text messages or smartphone notifications.
- Signing up for text messages
- Text my class code @jkrick to the phone number 81010.
- Reply to the text messages from the Remind team.
- Signing up for smartphone notifications
- Download the Remind app on your Android or iOS device. Click here for a link to the apps: https://rmd.me/a
- Open the app and create an account (or log in if you already have one).
- Tap the + by classes joined and enter my class code @jkrick.
- That's all you need to do to start receiving messages!
- Signing up for text messages
- A few other things you might like to know:
- Our personal contact information (like cell phone numbers) will not be visible on Remind.
- All of our messages will be recorded in communication logs that you can access and download.
- I can receive messages on Remind.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I'm looking forward to connecting with you!
- Code of Conduct
- All swimmers need to have a signed copy of the CPSC Code of Conduct on file, while many have done in the past, we are asking that ALL current swimmers read and sign, as well as, parents read and sign so everyone is aware of expectations and the discipline procedures.
- You can find the link to the code of conduct here…. CPSC Code of Conduct
- Only the signature page needs to be turned in
- Due date for these is Friday, October 11th
- Minor Athlete Abuse Protection Policy (MAAPP)
- All swimmers and parents will also need to have a signed MAAPP acknowledgement form on file with CPSC or parents can send an email to Coach John acknowledging that they have READ the policy.
- To get to USA Swimming’s link for these policies click on MAAPP
- ALL CPSC 18 & over athletes will need to also take the Athlete Protection Training within 30 days of turning 18, if you have an athlete in that situation, please make sure they have do so by clicking on the following link….. 18 & Over APT
- ALL members MUST have completed this acknowledgement form or send Coach John an email NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23rd