Background-image
August Board Meeting Minutes

MCSC BOARD MEETING MINUTES

Tuesday, August 13th, 2019

The meeting was called to order at 7:45 by president, Nathan Hehr.  Nathan Hehr, Lisa Cole, Jon Buseman, Yvonne Degraw, Amy Halverson, Sara Korthals, Matt Murray, and were present.

Reports

Report from NIS Coaches – Nathan will get in contact with the school. We’d like to have the pool on September 3rd.  Jeremy, Amy, and Matt will be coaching.  Hunter Callanan might be interested.  Matt will try to get in touch with Hunter.  “Try us Out” camp will be held on September 3rd and 5th.  Regular practices will begin on September 9th.  Registration fees will remain the same. 

Treasurers Report – Checks from the meet sponsors came.  Yvonne will check with Eric on meet entries.  Jon made a motion to approve the report with a second from Lisa.

Secretary Report – The report is available on the NIS web page. 

New Business

Home Meet Wrap-up – We are in need of new tops for a couple of tents.  We also need three pop up tents and some straps.  The lane lines are not in good shape. Yvonne made a motion to buy three new lane lines with a second from Matt.

New Pool News – There is a meeting tonight with the Pool Planning Committee.  Brian Stroup and Beth Degraw are representatives of the swim club. 

Accept Resignation from Amy Edgerton – Her resignation was accepted.  We discussed possible new candidates. 

Culver’s Fundraiser Results – We earned approximately $700.  We will try to get another one lined up for the winter. 

Old Business 

Banquet/Annual Meeting – This will be held at the Eastbrooke shelter house/pool from 2:00-4:00 on August 25th.  Lisa will post and send out the sign-up.  Raffle tickets for prizes will be based on the number of meets swimmers attended.    Nettleton Dental Group will donate Target gift cards. 

Co-hosting long course championships with Blast – Blast will get back to us. 

Next Board Meeting – The next meeting was not decided at this time.  The Annual Meeting will be held at 2:00 on August 25th

Short Course Season Meets – Lisa and Amy will discuss a possible schedule and send it out to the board. 

The meeting was adjourned at 8:41.

Respectfully Submitted, 

Amy Halverson