Background-image
XCEL Program Links
XCEL+Swim+School
XCEL+Home+School+Program
XCEL+Masters+Program
XCEL+Triathlete+Program
XCEL+Summer+League+Swim+Teams
2019 Swim-a-Thon

 

The 2019-2020 swim season is well underway and Excel is finally back in the pool at the ISC!!!  We are very excited to see all of our returning, as well as, new swimmers.  At the beginning of each season, we kick-off our annual fundraising season with a USA Swimming Swim-a-Thon!!  This year's swim-a-thon will be held on Saturday, November 9.  Mark your calendar's and start collecting those donations/pledges. 

Again this year, we are utilizing the TU Money feature to afford members the opportunity to collect online donations.  You may also continue to collect donations in person (offline).  I have attached the TU Money Accounts User Guide.  TU Money will allow you to promote your campaign through links on your Facebook and Twitter accounts, if desired.  Convenient links will be noticeable on our Excel Aquatics home page to make donating quick and easy.  95% of donations collected are credited toward your fundraising quota.  The remaining 5% goes back to USA Swimming in support of their programs.

What is the Swim-A-Thon? 
The Swim-A-Thon is a USA Swimming sponsored fundraiser in which participants earn money for their team by swimming lengths of the pool. Swimmers have a two hour period to swim a maximum of 200 lengths. With over 500 USA Swimming clubs conducting Swim-A-Thons each year, this program has proven itself over and over again as a successful method of raising funds for teams, as well as boosting team spirit and increasing community awareness of the team. The Swim-A-Thon is our club’s primary fundraiser of the year. EXCEL AQUATICS has a long tradition of participating in the Swim-A-Thon. 

The main components of the Swim-A-Thon are the donation campaign and the swim event. For 2019, our donation campaign will run from 10/15-11/9. 

All swimmers are encouraged to attend.  There are usually lots of fun games to help swimmers get their laps completed.  When collecting offline donations, please keep in an envelope (with your swimmer's name) to be turned in on Nov 9.  All checks should be made payable to Excel Aquatics.

Thanks in advance for your participation and continued support!  Feel free to email with questions or concerns.  Additional emails will be sent out as the date approaches.