October 21, 2019
SAFE SPORT INFO
QSS asks all households complete the online Parent Safe Sport Training. This training takes 15 minutes! Parents who complete their training can send a screenshot of their certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive 1 service hour credit.
Parent Tool Kit
Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies
- Safe Sport Handout - Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy
- Safe Sport Best Practices
- Full policy: http://www.pacswim.org/userfiles/kcfinder/files/usaswimmingmaapp.pdf
The Policy covers five (5) areas:
1. One-on-One Interactions
2. Travel: Local & Team
3. Social Media & Electronic Communication
4. Locker Rooms & Changing Areas
5. Massages & Rubdowns
QSS and USA Swimming have Safe Sport policies in place to help protect the safety of our athletes and all members. Policies are also listed in the QSS Parent Handbook. All swim team members must sign-off on additional team policies including electronic communication policy, photography policy, etc. during annual team registration. Travel policies and paperwork must be completed for all team travel trips and meets.