October 25, 2019
High School swimming begins Sunday at 3pm at the Lancaster YMCA. Details follow.
From 3pm to 5pm we will hold evaluations to place swimmers in training groups. Every swimmer is welcome to attend this practice even if you are swimming out with a club team. Below I will list the steps you need to complete to join the High School Swim teams.
For those new, North and Central practice together, we divide into training groups based on skill. We have three groups Purple, Black and White and Swim out.
Athletes that “swim out” continue to train with their club and YMCA teams during our season. They typically attend one HS practice per week with the HS program training groups however those swimming out are welcome to attend practice with the appropriate skill level HS training groups anytime.
Administration that you must do NOW
- Register on your school’s 8 to 18 website, this registers you for the team via each athletic department. Parents will be required to watch OHSAA/school rules and policy video in order to register your athlete.
2. Pay to Participate fees will be due soon, you can pay them through your child’s infinite campus fee page. The fees will post once the rosters are finalized. Registering at your school’s 8 to 18 site is how your athlete is rostered to participate.
3. Register on Team Unify for everything else! Here is that link. https://www.teamunify.com/MemRegStart.jsp?team=rechspkhs
We use this website for everything, communication, meet entries etc. You must register here or your swimmer will not be participating in meets, nor will you know what is going on!
There is no fee to register on team unify. If you forget the address, our website is www.pickeringtonswimming.org that takes you to our team unify site and look for the registration button on the top right. Once you register, you will be approved by a coach, we do not look at this several times a day so be patient, We will approve you, please do not register twice. Those returning to the team can update their registrations easily and we will activate you for 2019 and 2020.
Make sure you check the meet schedule and important event schedules.
The meet schedule will be finalized by Monday, The event schedule is ready ( drug testing etc. )
You must do the drug test at your school in order to participate. If you drug tested for a fall sport you do not need to repeat.
4. Sports Physicals are required for participation and must be turned into each school’s athletic office. The coaches cannot collect the physical forms. Swimmers may not participate without a current Sports Physical.
5. Relay Club Fees, each school’s relay club will collect a fee from each swimmer, this fee will cover your team t shirt and for new swimmers your warm up and they also fund expenses that the relay club has to cover for the banquet, hotel expenses for coaches at meets, Senior gifts etc. At practice on Sunday and at BW3 event to announce training groups, the relay clubs will have a table to collect checks to pay the fees. More details on these fees will be emailed as soon as I have them. I currently have attached the Pickerington North information. As soon as I have Central’s I will email it!
Relay clubs also set up the team suit and apparel ordering options.
- Swimmers are required to have a team suit, and a team warm up for meets. You will order your suits online, your warm up will be ordered as a part of your relay club fees for first year swimmers. Those who already have team warm ups will pay the lower relay club fee.
- Each swimmer will receive a team T shirt as a part of the relay club fee. The t shirt, suit and warm up are not provided by the school, it is paid for by each athlete. They also keep this uniform and can wear the warm up year to year. Each swimmer is responsible for buying their own swim goggles also.
- The coaches have team caps available for each swimmer. If the swimmer chooses to wear a cap in a meet it must be a team cap per OHSAA rules. If a swimmer double caps, they MAY NOT have a club or YMCA cap on underneath their team cap or they will be disqualified.
More information will be emailed over the next week. We plan to see you at the Lancaster YMCA, Sunday at 3pm. The location is at 465 W 6th Ave, Lancaster, OH 43130
Go Pickerington HS Swimming!
Your Pickerington Swim Team Coaches