November 8, 2019
Swim Meet Etiquette for Parents
Just a few more reminders going into the meet this weekend: (more so for the parents this time)
- Parents are not allowed to be on the pool deck at any time. At a meet like Hofstra, this means parents must remain in the bleacher area at all times. You can not walk your child over to where the team is sitting. They must be able to do this on their own.
- You can not go to one of the meet marshals to give them a message for one of the coaches.
- Unless there is an emergency, please try to refrain from texting/calling one of the coaches during the meet. This happens more than you think. And while we understand you are worried about your child, we have a lot more than 1 we need to be concerned with.
- Your child should remain with the team at all times, they should not be sitting in the bleachers with you. This is for 2 reasons. 1- when it is time to send the swimmers up for an event, we can not/will not go searching for one or 2 children. 2- The swimmers should be with the team to spend time with and getting to know their teammates. And to watch their teammates race.
- After a swimmers swims their race, they need to speak with their coach first! We need to go over their swim with them, and make sure they cool down in a timely manner.
One last piece of advice for all:
Swimmers swim, Coaches coach and parents parent. Lets not blur those lines.
I think that’s all for now.
Good Luck LBA!!! Have a great weekend!