November 12, 2019
Hello EMAC Families,
We are quickly approaching the Winter Rest Meet! The next couple meets in our schedule are set up to help "jump start" the excitement at SJAC. Please have your swimmer review their entries for the EMAC Fall Invite and the Alloy Alliance Meet so they know what they will be swimming. After the meet this weekend, the coaching staff will be working on finalizing the SJAC file in it's entirety, so some entries may change for swimmers after this weekend.
UPCOMING MEET ENTRIES
Please look over your swimmers entries so they know what they will be swimming in their next meet.
- Due to the EMAC Fall Invite starting Friday night, there will be NO BEES or WASPS PRACTICE FRIDAY NOVEMBER 15th. Killer Bees, look for a possible updated practice schedule on Team Snap.
- There will be NO PRACTICE THURSDAY NOVEMBER 28th
- FRIDAY NOVEMBER
- Killer Bees - Follow up with a team snap from Coach O
- Bees - Will be at regular time (4:45-5:45)
- Wasps - Will be at regular time (5:45-7:15)
- Winter holiday schedule
- This will be communicated once we transition into December
POST SJAC MEETS
- PAAC Distance Meet - The coaching staff decided we will not be attending this meet. Families already registered for the meet were contacted and the meet removed from the website
- EMAC Winter Invite - This is a home meet and we would like to see as many EMAC swimmers here as possible.
- BLUE Duck Hunt - This file will be tentative up until after SJAC
- BLUE Mini Duck - Mini's if you haven't already done so, please register for this meet. It's your last chance to swim before Mini Champs!
Please begin registering for the championship meet series. Though these meets are far into the future, it's better to declare now than later. These meets open and close quickly and once entries are submitted, swimmers cannot be added. If you are not sure which meets your swimmer is eligible for, check the 2019-2020 SCY Results page. After opening a file, the section labeled "Standards" will tell you which meets your swimmer is eligble for.
We are beginning to see the cold weather associated with Winter. Yet are still seeing swimmers leave practice without pants, coats, hats, proper shoes, etc. With the cold associated with Winter fast approaching we would like to take the time to reitorate proper post-practice safety attire. Though they may not believe it necessary, all swimmers should begin leaving practice in:
- Close toed shoes that have good grip on the sole
- A coat or hooded sweatshirt
- Some form of pants that cover the entire leg
- Hats are strongly encouraged as the weather continues to deteriorate
See you the the pool!