November 17, 2019
At the conclusion of each swim season, USA Swimming selects a group of 9th-12th graders who are highly accomplished both in the swimming pool and in the classroom to be on the Scholastic All America Team. To be selected as a Scholastic All American, the high school swimmer must maintain a minimum 3.5 grade point average and have at least one individual event with a Winter Junior National time.
For the 2018-19 swim season, 10 BREA swimmers make the 2018-19 Scholastic All America Team:
· Sabrina Bennani (9th grade in 2018-19, Walnut High School)
· Dallas Cargile (10th grade in 2018-19, Ayala High School)
· Vincent Cheng (10th grade in 2018-19, Diamond Bar High School)
· Elisabella Forest (10th grade in 2018-19, Chino Hills High School)
· Justina Kozan (9th grade in 2018-19, Walnut High School)
· Kate Li (9th grade in 2018-19, Diamond Bar High School)
· Thomas Long (11th grader in 2018-19, Brea Olinda High School)
· Charlize Sunahara (9th grade in 2018-19, Ayala High School)
· Emily Trieu (12th grader in 2018-2019, Los Osos High School)
· Ariel Wooden (12th grade in 2018-19, Ayala High School)
Congratulations to these 10 BREA swimmers!!! Not only are you an accomplished swimmer, but you also are a high achiever in the classroom. BREA is very proud you!!!