November 19, 2019
Meet Reviews for the week of 11/9 – 11/17, 2019
What a week of TTST swimming. There were 2 meets and 23 swimmers that raced over this past week. Our first meet was a Senior Prelims & Finals Meet in Pleasanton, CA. Our second meet was an all levels meet called the Thanks-Swimming Meet in beautiful Fort Bragg, CA. 19 of 23 swimmers posted new personal best times at this early stage of the season. We also had 11 Open and Age Group team records broken.
Coach Cyrus picks for highlight swims:
- The TTST 200 Free Relay with Alyssa, Aria, Hayley, and John racing 7 other lanes of 11 & Over swimmers from other teams at the Thanks-Swimming Meet in Fort Bragg, took 1st place! We held the lead from start to finish. It was the stellar leg of Aria, aged 8, holding the lead that Alyssa created that caught my attention! She swam an amazing :40 second split.
- Claire is on an awesome blitz of the Freestyle team records. Claire broke the 100 Freestyle mark at two meets in a row. First was a :52.5 best at the Pleasanton Meet. Then a week later she broke it again at the Grass Valley Meet swimming a :52.3. Claire has reset the Open Team record in the 50 Free, 100 Free, and 200 Free this season!
- Kensington going for max underwater breakout speed and distance in the 200 Back for an Open Team Record of 2:04 in the first swim on the day at the Pleasanton Senior Meet. She kicked off the meet with a tempo that stuck for the rest of the team.
- Caitlin for going an Open Team record of :56.5 in the 100 Fly at the Pleasanton Meet. She swam a smart close race that lowered the old mark by .30 tenths of a second. Congratulations!
- Asher for swimming a, chocolate cake rewarding, 13 – 14 Boys TTST Team record in the 400 I.M. at the Thanks-Swimming Meet in Fort Bragg. He won the race in the fastest time of the meet with a 4:43, got his cake and ate it!
- Hayley Hynes for having an amazing meet at the Thanks-Swimming Meet. The highlight of her swims there came in her very last race the 50 Free with a :30 best time swim! Congratulations Hayley for having a standout meet and earning Thanks-Swimming swimmer of the meet.
Best times were also commonplace and are highlights. Here are some of the best times that were great swims:
- Ryan had many best times in Pleasanton, but the 100 Fly swimming a :56 second race was my favorite.
- John had best times in almost every race, but the 100 Back at the Thanks-Swimming meet, with amazingly quick look backs was my favorite.
- Macallan had a few best times, but his first time under the :30 second mark swimming a :29 in his 50 Free at the Thanks-Swimming Meet was my favorite.
- Oey had best times and smart swims in all his races at the Thanks-Swimming Meet. I was most proud of his 50 Free. Great job Oey!
- Cayton, and Issac had best times in many races in Fort Bragg, but it was their tie in the 50 Free of :30.17 that was the highlight race for the brothers as they were in the same heat near each other!
- Calissa had a few best times in Pleasanton. It was her powerful 100 Back that caught my attention most. Congratulations Callie!
- Sydney W. had best times in most swims. Her :25.1 second 50 Free in Pleasanton tells me she is on her way to becoming a great swimmer for TTST!
- Emma had best times in Back and Fly. Her :58 second 100 Back that was a proof that TTST knows how to kick fast underwater, was my highlight for best times from Emma.
- Alyssa had a best time in the 500 Free at the Thanks – Swimming meet that highlighted many of her improvements in Freestyle, Butterfly, and Backstroke this past week!
- Brooke had a great motivated swim in her 100 Back at the Pleasanton Meet for a best time.
- Lola had a great swim in her 200 Back at the Pleasanton Meet for a best time.
- Hope is our first swimmer of the year to move from the Pre-Senior to Senior Team group for making her first Sierra Nevada Swimming Jr. + time in the 100 Back going a 1:09 at the Grass Valley Meet. Congratulations Hope!
We have a few weeks off competition until we start back up with the Matt Casto Invitational in Sacramento, and the Championship week of the Husky Invite and Winter Jr. Nationals in Federal Way, WA.
TTST is having a great 2019 – 2020 season from all groups and abilities! Keep up the momentum. Thank you coaches Chris, Jenn, and Sam for all you do to make such a great coaching staff. Thank your parents and our team officials for supporting this great team!