NTC Aquatics Team Update
November 22, 2019
NTC Aquatics Team Update
- Thanksgiving Week Practice Schedule-click here
- Equipment needed for Senior 2 swimmers- Power Bags/Drag Sox. On this year’s equipment list was this new piece of equipment. Now that high school season is past, and we’re beginning to train for meets after the New Year, we want to start using these. Unfortunately, not many swimmers have the sox yet. Please click on one of the two links and secure a pair for your swimmer (either brand will work, size 25 or 40/45).
- Practice is on!- A quick reminder that practices will always run as normal unless you receive specific word from the coaches via email/On Deck notification/FB post/text. This goes for school breaks and for any weather issues (storms/cold). Any days off/breaks we’ve planned for the year are noted on the meet schedule. Our schedule won’t necessarily follow school schedules or programming schedules for other programs here at the NTC. If in doubt, always assume practice is on. Coaches won’t send updates to assure everyone that we are going to practice, as they will be busy preparing for the practice.
Break- A final schedule will be released
- Practices will be on a typical schedule through Dec 21st.
- Only Senior groups will practice Dec 23rd and Dec 24th.
- All groups will be off Dec 25-29.
- Only senior groups will practice Dec 30-Jan 4.
- All groups will return to normal schedule on Monday, January 6th. (Note this is one day before schools start up again.)
- Temps are rising- With the cooler temperatures outside, the pool has been a bit cooler this week. Crews are here now to crank up our heaters to get us back to some toasty warm pool temps!
- “Chillers”- To help us maintain the pool temperature during the summer months, a new cooling system has been brought in this fall. Installation of the Chillers was completed this past week.
- CAT Jingle Bell Meet at Clearwater- All entries are finalized. We strongly recommend overnight stays for 11&Over swimmers as check in for morning sessions will likely be at or before 7am each day. The coaches will be at the Holiday Inn Express Clearwater/US-19.
- Ralph Crocker Classic at Auburn- Coaches will be completing entries over the next week. Parents of swimmers attending, please read the email sent yesterday with meet info and please respond by tomorrow should your swimmer need to travel with the coaches to the meet.
- NTC Last Chance to Dance- date changed to February 22-23. Due to the later dates this year of FLAGs and Florida Senior Championships, the last date to qualify has been pushed back.
- Swag Store Open!- A few swimmers have asked about team parkas and sweatshirts lately. You can secure those items in the team store here.
- Coach Gibb- Coach Gibb will be out for a while as he recovers from a medical procedure. There shouldn’t be any interruption to the team’s practice schedule, with the possible exception of the days of the CAT Jingle Bell meet. Should there be any changes to practices during that meet, we will send out another update very soon. The only thing you might notice is that your swimmers will see a few different members of the coaching staff. We all wish Coach Gibb a speedy recovery!