November 25, 2019
Week of 11/25/19
- No Beginner practice on Tuesday 11/26. All other groups will practice as normally scheduled.
- Normal practice on Wednesday 11/27.
- No practice on Thursday 11/28.
- Friday (11/29) practice will be from 10:30 AM -12:30 PM for the Intermediate, Advanced, and Pre-Sr Groups only. No Beginner practice.
- Saturday practice is TBD; we're still trying to find out if the building is open on Saturday.
- No practice on Wednesday 11/27 - Friday 11/29. All are welcome at Euclid.
- TBD, please talk to Coach Chris and Coach Peter for practice times this week.
The following meets are posted, and entires are open:
- Dec 21: GO vs CEA Dual @ US - Dual meet great for the whole team! Also a chance to get the whole team together for the holidays. This will be a short one, like the October meet. Hope to see everyone there! Entries Due: December15th
- Jan 11-12: New Year's Stretch @ Rocky River HS - Last developmental meet of the year, with "slower than" time standards. Great for trying new (and challenging!) events for the first time, and putting new skills into practice at a low pressure meet. Entries Due: December8th
Next up is the Shaker Shark Invite at Cleveland State Dec 6-8
Silicon Caps are Here!
They are available for $20 from the Coaches.
Mark Braun Fall Classic Recap
We had a pretty incredible weekend at the Mark Braun meet. CE competed with the best around, and saw an incredible amount of lifetime bests. Not only that, we saw swimmers take some HUGE steps this weekend. The results are posted on the website, be sure to scroll througha and take a look (CTRL-F CEA). Congrats to Colin Savage, Caleb Ortman, and Holly Suponcic for acheiving top 10 finishes this weekend!
New Team Records
Congratulations to Caleb Ortman. He had a stand out weekend all around, which started with a Zone cut int he 200 IM. His Breastroke swims were particularly impressive however, as he would go on to get a Zone cut and new team record on both the Boys 11-12 100yd Breastroke (1:10.51), and 200yd Breastroke (2:32.06), where he took first place by over 4s.
Training Over the Holidays
Remember, it is important to maintain your training frequency over break, especially if you are in the Advanced & PreSr groups where our fitness development and progressive overlaod are carefully planned. Don't miss any family events, but be sure to plan your weeks to maintain your regular training frequency.