November 25, 2019
Happy Thanksgiving Week, Stingrays!
Before we get into all of the exciting stuff happening, I want to take a moment to tell our Stingray Family how thankful we are. We're thankful for the great attitudes that our swimmers bring to practice every day, for the energy and patience of our coaching staff, and for the joyful participation of our parents! Together, we make an incredible swim FAMILY, and I am very grateful for all of you.
Lots of exciting things are happening! Thanksgiving is this week (check the practice schedule here), we are welcoming back our high school girls after some great swimming for their respective high schools (be sure to sign up for the December meet ASAP!), Skills and Skillets is this coming Sunday (SUPER fun event for the WHOLE team - sign up here!) and our FFYS Meet is less than two weeks away!
We are still in need of several volunteers for our FFYS Meet. If you haven’t signed up for your volunteer slots, please do so ASAP! And, if you are going to be at the meet with your swimmer and are able to pick up an extra volunteer slot, we would really appreciate it! (Remember how thankful I am for you??? ) Plus, being on deck for the meet is way better than sitting in the stands! We are particularly in need of volunteers for the following positions:
- Recorder - Sun AM
- Security - Sun AM (need men AND women for this)
- Concessions, Sat & Sun - especially AM sessions
- Timers - Sat AM & Sun AM and PM
If you are worried about being able to see your swimmer swim their races, please don’t be concerned! You can always take a break to go watch your swimmer! So please sign up for the meet and volunteer slots now.
If you haven’t signed up, you will be contacted this week by our volunteer coordinators. They will be assigning you a volunteer position.
If your swimmer happens to have a lovely singing voice and is interested in singing our National Anthem at the FFYS Holiday Invitational, please contact our super awesome Meet Director, Mark D’Errico!
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT NEWS for this week:
- We have normal practice on Monday and Tuesday. The Thanksgiving Practice Schedule applies for Wednesday through Sunday and can be found here.
- High School Girls MUST be in the water and ready to WORK no later than Monday, December 2. Please be sure to sign up for our December Meet BEFORE Thanksgiving!!!
- TEAM PICTURE DAY WAS A HUGE
SUCCESS!!! Thanks to everyone for the massive
quantities of smiles and patience! We had over 90 of our swimmers
come out for the team photo!
- If you want to order a Team Photo, you can call Vision Sports Network at 248-355-9525 to order.
- Our winners of the
Team Photo Night Amazon gift card drawing:
- Miniray: Sydney Cox
- Bronze: Sophia Franchi
- Silver: Kavya Ramkumar
- Gold: Olivia Green
- Senior: Ellie Mosher
Please pick up your gift card (if you haven’t received it yet) from your coach.
SIGN UP NOW if you our coming to our annual SKILLS &
SKILLETS event on Sunday December 1 from 8-11am at the
YMCA. We need to get everyone signed up BEFORE
Thanksgiving! This is one of our awesome team-wide events! ALL
SWIMMERS are invited to participate! Here are the
- Our National and Senior swimmers will be running an elite stroke clinic from 8-9am at the YMCA, and then all the swimmers have a pancake breakfast afterward (prepared and served by our Senior/National parents)!
- It costs $15 per participant, and the proceeds of this event help fund the National Team!
- It’s a super fun event for parents and swimmers! Register for the event here. Volunteer to help with the breakfast here.
- The FFYS Holiday Invitational (to be held at Waterford Kettering on December 7-8) is live in the system, and you can sign up for events and volunteer slots now! The deadline is this weekend! Remember that coaches are asking swimmers to participate in both days of the meet, and parents are required to volunteer for a minimum of two slots during this meet. Info about volunteering can be found in last week’s newsletter.
- The INDY Circle City Classic Meet is LIVE in the system and you can sign up here! Hotel info is found here! This is a USA Meet with minimum qualifying time standards.
And…the most exciting news…theSwimmer of the Week Award!
Miniray – Henry Blanchard
Bronze – Aashima Garg
Silver – Josie Blanchard
Gold – RJ Bennetts
Senior – Emme D’Errico
Congratulations to all for their great efforts and attitudes all week long! Keep it up!
This week in the pool:
ALL GROUPS: This is a short week with the Thanksgiving Holiday, so all groups will be going over the fundamentals: starts, turns, finishes, stroke technique, underwaters, etc.
- GOLD GROUP: Dryland Monday!
- SENIOR GROUP: Dryland Tuesday!
- SENIOR/GOLD/SILVER GROUPS:
Test sets on Wednesday!
Things to ask your swimmer:
- Are you excited to go to Skills and Skillets? (Sign up HERE!)
- What do you want to swim at the FFYS Holiday Meet? (Sign up HERE!)
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Stingrays!