November 25, 2019
Thank you for being part of our team family. We're almost at the halfway point in the season and we're so impressed with how much the team is working together to make this a great team family!
1) Congrats to the NTHS Women's Swim Team on their second place finish at high school state this past weekend. Our State Team members from NTA - Kaelyn Gridley, Alyssa Knaus, Joelle Ohr, Greta Pelzek, Jane Sanderson, Alexis Wendel and Leslie Wendel - did a phenomenal job and the meet came down to the last relay! Can't get that anywhere but in Illinois! Highlights included the new state record in the 200 Medley Relay - 1:40.43 - by Carly Novelline, Kaelyn Gridley, Greta Pelzek & Joelle Ohr which bested the previous record by over a second (that's a lot of time at that level...) as well as Kaelyn Gridley defending her 100 Breaststroke state title with a new high school team and pool record of 1:00.89 and the second fastest ever time in the state!
2) NEW NORTHFIELD SECURITY PROTOCOLS. The gates at Northfield have been completed. The gates will be open on weekdays from 530a-8a and from 330p-830p. Parents are asked to be timely in pick up and athletes are asked to be quick with showering at the pool each evening as the facility has asked us to be off-site no later than 8:45p. Athletes will be able to leave after 8:30p but there will not be a means for re-entry in the event of a late ride - this is especially important to consider when the cold weather is literally around the corner.
3) HOLIDAY PARTY - DECEMBER 10th.
All youth athlete holiday party at Northfield Cafeteria - 530-7p at
Northfield Cafeteria. Cost is FREE - pasta & salad will be
provided and there is a sign up for volunteers to help
set-up/clean-up/supervise (the coaches can't do it alone!!) as well
as for drinks and dessert. We will have a DJ spinning some
tunes as well! You should have recieved an event notification
This year we are partnering with Cradles to Crayons to provide winter accessories to young people in their system. Athletes are asked to bring a hat/gloves/scarf to the party (or all three) - gently used is ok - and we will have an assembly station for winter kits that will then be distributed throughout the Cradles to Crayons programs. Please RSVP online and sign up for jobs/food - it's going to be a super fun event!
4) Looking for great holiday gifts or just want new NTA swag? Check out Elsmore's latest apparel burst on our team page - hats, fleece pullovers, flannel pants...all kinds of fun stuff! CLICK HERE for Elsmore! If you're interested in a custom team backpack - those are available in the team office for $40 each! Contact Coach Kristen to get one reserved for your athlete today. Limited quantities available.
5) Adjusted Practice Times this week. Due to the holiday week, workout schedules have been adjusted to accomodate and encourage family time for athletes and coaches. Please make sure to check the google calendar. With the change of high school season, December/January/February will look a little different at our Northfield, Winnetka & Loyola facilities as well - so look for those changes later this week as the high school workout schedules are finalized.
Have a Happy
Take a moment to be thankful for what we have as a team...here's five things I am thankful for!
-We have seven committed partners to ensure our athletes have pools to train in.
-We have 24 great coaches who care so very passionately about our athletes each and every day.
-Our athletes are healthy and kind and wonderful who are able to participate in a regular activity away from a phone or digital entity on a regular basis.
-We embody teamwork and compassion every day and work hard to be not just better athletes, but better people through our service projects in our community.
-We have a dedicated group of parents who support our program values through modeling volunteerism - at meets through timing & officiating as well as working our socials, our board meetings and creating opportunities for our athletes to find success in and out of the pool.
It is said that a deep cleansing breath can inspire you - by filling your soul with life giving oxygen and flooding the body with life and renewed strength of spirit. No one knows the importance of that deep breath more than aquatic athletes as they take to the pool each day. Take a moment today and experience inspiration with a deep breath as we embrace the spirit of Thanksgiving and some time with loved ones both near and far.